prevent channels

i want to prevent the channels 149,153,157&161 from AP3935

12 replies

Userlevel 5
Hello Osama,

what do you mean with prevent channels?

Do you want to use IDS/IPS or should this channels not uses, ...?

If you want help from the community it is necessary to describe you issue in detail.

Best regards
Stephan
SH wrote:

Hello Osama,

what do you mean with prevent channels?

Do you want to use IDS/IPS or should this channels not uses, ...?

If you want help from the community it is necessary to describe you issue in detail.

Best regards
Stephan

Hello Stephan,
those channels are not allowed i Egypt and i face a big issue in costumes so i want to delete it from the custom interface
Userlevel 7
On the AP radio#1 configuration window select channel plan custom.
Then click on the configuration button below to set the channel that you'd like to allow = don't select the channels that you've mentioned.
Hello Ronald,
i did it but the i want to delete the channels from the custom interface
Userlevel 7
Osama Radwan wrote:

Hello Ronald,

That is not possible.

Could you post a screenshot of the window with the custom channels.

Is the AP set for Egypt - because if the AP is set for the correct country it should only show/allow channels that are supported/allowed in that country,
Userlevel 7
Osama Radwan wrote:

Hello Ronald,

What software is running on the controller and is a regulatory key for Egypt applied.
Osama Radwan wrote:

Hello Ronald,

software 10.31.02.0007 ,Domain regulatory Egypt
you will find below the channels that i want to delete

Userlevel 7
Osama Radwan wrote:

Hello Ronald,

I've no experience with what is allowed in Egypt but as I've mentioned you can't delete channels.

If you think that this channels are not allowed in Egypt you'd need to open a ticket and if that is the case Extreme needs to fix the software to not allow (show) this channels for the domain region.

Userlevel 7
quick Google search - looks like that the channels are allowed....

https://nuzeal.com/index.php/2018/01/07/macao-update-to-list-of-exempted-devices-2/

Is tis a AP3935i or AP3935e ?
Do you have the right license key installed? "For installation in Egypt the EGY activation key must be used. When activated EGY key will not allow management of APs for any other country."
Userlevel 5
James A wrote:

Do you have the right license key installed? "For installation in Egypt the EGY activation key must be used. When activated EGY key will not allow management of APs for any other country."

Hello James,

according the screenshot from Osama I think the licenses are ok. There is a EGY-Key used.