Question

role not working after upgrade to V9.15.06

Userlevel 7
Just in case you run into the same issue....

After upgrading to latest code v9.15.06 our guest non-auth role wasn't working anymore = clients get no IP.

This role was working before...

We've changed it as below as a workaround - ticket will be opened ASAP...

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Ron,
Thank you for posting this! I'll find your case and ask the GTAC Engineer to write a knowledge article on this and share the link.

-Drew
Userlevel 7
We are working on it now...

-Doug
Userlevel 4
Doug wrote:

-Doug

Discovery another in release 9.15.06.0010 bug in yesterday: If you try to delete a topology under "Controller -> Network -> Topology" an strange name appear in the delete popup message and if you click ok the topogly isn't removed.

Maybe you could try to reproduce it.
Userlevel 7
Doug wrote:

-Doug

Sure, I think I have seen that in testing but I'm not sure if I have replicated that again. I will try it here too and let you know.
Userlevel 4
Doug wrote:

-Doug

Its not critical. Deleting under VNS -> ... still working correct.
Userlevel 7
Doug wrote:

-Doug

Thanks, once we get it defined/corrected I will post the GTAC Knowledge article link here....
Userlevel 7
Doug wrote:

-Doug

Seems to be working, I'm running a chrome browser (Version 43.0.2357.73 beta-m). I will test with other browsers too...

Userlevel 7
Doug wrote:

-Doug

Firefox: 34.0.5

Userlevel 7
Doug wrote:

-Doug

nice message.. the controller will "destroy" the certificate -I think a delete would be enough 🙂
Userlevel 7
Doug wrote:

-Doug

We like to be dramatic....
Userlevel 7
Doug wrote:

-Doug

...and Windows Explorer... Version 10.0.9200.17357

Userlevel 7
Doug wrote:

-Doug

If you wouldn't mind can you try a different browser and let me know if you get the same results.
Userlevel 7
Ron,

I have the configuration matched, I'm just updating the code on my controller to 9.15.06 now. I will let you know the results shortly.

-Doug
Userlevel 7
I see the same issue in my lab, I will find out what changed in the design between code versions.
Userlevel 7
For anyone tracking this issue.

Once the resolution is known it will be added to this GTAC knowledge article...
https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Solution/Guest-Portal-stops-working-after-upgrading-to-9-15-06-firmware
Userlevel 6
Doug wrote:

For anyone tracking this issue.

Once the resolution is known it will be added to this GTAC knowledge article...
https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Solution/Guest-Portal-stops-working-after-upgrading-to-9-15-06-firmware

Nice work Doug.

For anyone that wants to track this, you can follow this thread. Click "Follow" at the top right of your page.

Long-term, we want to allow you to track articles as they progress. Don't have that capability today....but working on it.

When the GTAC sorts this out officially, the GTAC Knowledge article will reflect. In Doug Hyde we trust!