hi
please help me to solve this problem :
samsung galaxy j7 mobile have a problem to connect access point ap3825i
thanks

20 replies

Hi

Please provide the below details
Controller Model and code version ?
Does other clients connected to the same AP3825i fine ?
Do they connect to open ssid or 802.1x SSID ?
Is this an issue connecting to "a" radio or "g" radio.

Regards
Rajesh.J
hi
controller model is c5210 software version 10.11.1.210.
donot have problem with other device and mobile.
connect to 802.1x ssid.
use 5GHZ and 2.4GHZ (ac,b/g/n)

thanks
Userlevel 4
Hi Mikaeil,

Is it an issue only with samsung galaxy j7 mobile or any Android devices?

Regards,
Nathiya M
hi
only with samsung galaxy j7

thanks
Userlevel 7
So what is the problem, please describe it in detail.....
hi
see wifi ssid and donot connect to that and usually refress and scan ssid in wifi windows.

thanks
Userlevel 4
Hi Mikaeil,

Let us know the client status in report and logs ?

if you connect any other SSID or wireless connection , are you able to connect ?

Thanks,
Suresh.B
hi
donot able to connect any other ssid.

thanks
Userlevel 3
Mikhail,

What is the Android version? Do you know the command to run a tail on the AP that you are trying to connect to and do a "grep" for the Samsung device's mac address?

Thanks
hi
vesion is 6.0.1
Userlevel 7
I give you the GTAC answer... upgrade to latest version 10.11.05.
Userlevel 3
Mikhail,

Please upgrade as suggested above and if the issue still persists, please open a case with GTAC.

Thanks
Userlevel 3
Mikhail,

I recollect one of our customers reporting a similar issue with the same phone model. I believe this could be related to certain configuration parameters for roaming on your WLAN, specifically .11r.

Can you paste a screenshot of your WLAN configuration?

Thanks
Hi Mikaeil

Please create a Test SSID [open Authentication 5Ghz band]
Apply the above to one AccessPoint

On one Samsung Device,please install the below Google play store app
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.wahtod.wififixer

Check if the devices is able to connect.

As you could see the Android APP on the mobile would show the association,ip assignment etc.
You could also send logs to your email address.

Please do this for open authentication,since you have specified the samsung does not connect to any ssid.

Then you could repeat the same for production SSID [open and 802,1x]

Send log in the app send a text file to your email. Please use send log every time you connect to a different SSID.

Please share your findings.

Regards
Rajesh
hi
my wireless configuration is :

Userlevel 1
Mikaeil - Ron suggested the upgrade to 10.11.05, and I agree. For now, while you are still running 10.11.01, disable Fast Transition and Management Frame Protection (on ALL of your configured WLANs).
Scott Whall wrote:

Mikaeil - Ron suggested the upgrade to 10.11.05, and I agree. For now, while you are still running 10.11.01, disable Fast Transition and Management Frame Protection (on ALL of your configured WLANs).

"disable Fast Transition and Management Frame Protection" - This worked for me!!! Thank you so much for the support my friend!!!
hi
with your help I can solved this problem.
thanks
Userlevel 7
So could you please tell us what you've done to fix it.
Userlevel 3
Fast Transition along with Management Frame Protection was disabled on the WLANs.
I bought used Samsung Galaxy J7 in good condition as a secondary android phone. I’ve got what i need: low price, nice Samsung, working internet and popular applications. I never used Samsung phones before, and i really like it now. I work in Nigeria and bought it here: https://jiji.ng/mobile-phones/samsung-galaxy-j7 . Good phone, i can recommend it
Userlevel 7
See also: https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Solution/Certain-devices-not-connecting-to-WPA2-P...