WDS with 3rd party AP

Hi,
Is ti possible to do a WDS Bridge between a AP3825 and a SIEMENS W744. They both support WDS but is seams that Extreme only permits WDS between their own AP's.

Thanks
JP

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Point to point links are in general proprietary. There may be solution for you to use one of them as AP and other as Client. 3825 can not be a client.
Pala, Zdenek wrote:

Point to point links are in general proprietary. There may be solution for you to use one of them as AP and other as Client. 3825 can not be a client.

We currently use AP-Client. But we need to pass several VLANs to the Client. Since 1 SSID = 1 VLAN, we are trying another solution.

What if I had the SCALANCE as a 3rd party AP. Can I use WDS then?
Userlevel 7
Pala, Zdenek wrote:

No, 3rd party AP isn't designed for that.
Pala, Zdenek wrote:

Ok thanks.

WDS out.
3rd Party out.
Not much options with EXTREME.

At home, with a simple D-Link AP I'm able do connect with WDS to any AP/Router. Thought it would be easy with an enterprise solution like Identify.
Userlevel 7
Pala, Zdenek wrote:

I'm pretty sure that all other enterprise solutions also don't support such function. I see many reasons for it, i.e. support for different vendor-APs, proprietary protocol, sell own APs,...