Wireless clients sporadically getting Limited Connectivity, APs dropping packets

Show first post

164 replies

Userlevel 1
Hi

we having the same issue where clients suddenly disconnected (need to reconnect manually) from WLAN or clients are connected but cannot reach any network including the gateway. we are using the latest Firmware version 10.11.01.0210 Controller C35 and Access Point 3801i.

can someone share the solution.

thanks
Marlon
As per Extreme recommended OS version is 9.21.10.0005 for dis connectivity issues

with below settings:
enable Probe Suppression
enable Force Disassociate
RSS Threshold -80 dBm
Change Radio 2 (2.4Ghz) settings from 802.11 b/g/n to g/n
Userlevel 5
Hi

we having the same issue where clients suddenly disconnected (need to reconnect manually) from WLAN or clients are connected but cannot reach any network including the gateway. we are using the latest Firmware version 10.11.01.0210 Controller C35 and Access Point 3801i.

thanks
Marlon
Hi

From my open case the following improved alot of the problems:

Disable MFP (not all clients support/like this.)
Enable uapsd
Enable short guard
Set DTIM 1
pmode auto
AMPDU enable
ADDBA enable
Enable station event logs

Also install the version 10.01.06.0006 not the latest version 10.11.x.x.
Version 10.01.06.0006 was released after 10.11.x.x and it addresses alot of the 38xx series problems:

• Optimized background scanning algorithm to improve stability of AP3800 series APs
  • Corrected issue that could cause inadvertent blocking of Client’s ARP traffic
  • Addressed possible instability for AP3800 series devices in handling of client connectivity management feature (Steering, Balance, Probe Suppression) wns0015218 Relaxed timestamp validation for Fast Failover user registrations to allow for time drift from the AP
  • Adjusted validation logic for derived key maximum key length for 802.11r (Fast Transition) configuration. Misconfiguration could cause AP3800 series radio to not initialize correctly.
  • Addressed issue with limited connectivity for Intel Clients. See known issues for other cases
Userlevel 6
Hi

thanks
Marlon
Hello, Andre!

Why do you think that 10.01.06.0006 was released after 10.11.x.x?

I look at - https://extranet.extremenetworks.com/downloads/Pages/WirelessControllers.aspx:
Release dates
10.01.06.0006 - Monday, July 11, 2016
10.11.03.0004 - Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Thank you!
Userlevel 3
Hi

thanks
Marlon
Hi,
Im confused... Extreme said us that we must use 10.11.xx instead 10.01. But the last improves and corrected bugs are solved in 10.01 releases... I have to believe that 10.11 release don't have this bugs...
Since two days we have a better behavior in our infrastructure... no aps moving through the controllers, no disconnected clients... ALL PERFECT.
The change that we have made is to reserve all the memory in the resources tab of the vm. (i find in GTACK https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Solution/v2110-wireless-controller-may-run-out-of...)
If you have problems with your V2110 you can try this...
Byeeee
Userlevel 6
Hi

thanks
Marlon
Alexander

10.11.x was a feature release bringing amongst other things application visibility, http redirect at AP etc (see release notes for full list.)

10.01.06 was released after 10.11.01 as a final maintenance release in the 10.01.x track, 10.01.x is now complete and there will be no more changes in this branch of code.

10.11.03 contains all current fixes and is the firmware of choice in this 10.x line (10.11.04 is currently expected by the middle of next week.)

If you have problems that 10.11.03 hasn't resolved, please open a case with GTAC and we will get it looked at.

-Gareth
Userlevel 6
Hi

thanks
Marlon
Hello, Gareth!

Wi'll test 10.01 and 10.11 and after that I will have a full understanding.

Thank you!
Userlevel 1
Hi

thanks
Marlon
Hi All

Limited connectivity issue is observed if 5Ghz Channel width is set to 40mhz.

If in case if anyone is facing limited / dis-connectivity issues and if your 5Ghz Channel width is set to 40mhz change it to 20mhz.

I have faced the issue and found out solution by myself. Now Issue resolved 🙂