Header Only - DO NOT REMOVE - Extreme Networks

AP7502 captive portal redirection generated parameters

I need to understand the URL parameters generated by the redirect captive portal generated when i try to connect to this access point.

The generated URL is, as follows:
.com?Qv=it_qpmjdz=Dbqujwf.[ppy@bbb_qpmjdz=BBB.[ppy@dmjfou_njou=2417144::5@dmjfou_nbd=G1.E2.B:.:B.7D.B:@ttje=[ppy_Qspyjpo@bq_nbd=95.35.9E.E9.8G.5B

Someone knows what means these parameters?
Can i get the MAC address from this generated URL?

Thanks!

8 replies

Userlevel 3
It is just a simple encoding method to obfuscate the contents in the URL
Subtract 1 from each characters's each ASCII value for everything except _ and =, and @ is separator.
it_qpmjdz = hs_policy=Captive-Zoox
bbb_qpmjdz = aaa_policy = AAA.Zoox
etc...
Andrew Webster wrote:

Subtract 1 from each characters's each ASCII value for everything except _ and =, and @ is separator.
etc...

Thank you so much!!
Andrew Webster wrote:

etc...

Now i decoded all the url parameters, as follows:
hs_policy => 'Captive-Zoox' aaa_policy => 'AAA-Zoox' client_mint => '1306033994' client_mac => 'F0-D1-A9-9A-6C-A9' ssid => 'Zoox_Proxion' ap_mac => '84-24-8D-D8-7F-4A' Can you explain me what's the "client_mint"? Is there some way to obtain the client ip address? Thanks![/code]
Now i decoded all the url parameters, as follows:

hs_policy => 'Captive-Zoox'
aaa_policy => 'AAA-Zoox'
client_mint => '1306033994'
client_mac => 'F0-D1-A9-9A-6C-A9'
ssid => 'Zoox_Proxion'
ap_mac => '84-24-8D-D8-7F-4A'

Can you explain me what's the "client_mint"? Is there some way to obtain the client ip address?

And, whats the url parameter "hs_server"? It must be my captive portal address or the controller address?

Thanks!
Userlevel 2
Hi
I am also interested in knowing what is client_mint
simply if it is a variable of each client, a variable associated with each wifi and the same for all clients or a variable associated with the AP to which it is connected.
Thanks
Userlevel 3
As far as I can tell, the client_mint is the mint ID of the AP.
If you do DEC->HEX on 1306033994, you get 4D.D8.7F.4A (notice that the last 3 octets are the same as those of ap_mac).
If you run show mint neighbors from CLI, you will see this corresponds to the AP.
Andrew Webster wrote:

If you do DEC->HEX on 1306033994, you get 4D.D8.7F.4A (notice that the last 3 octets are the same as those of ap_mac).
If you run show mint neighbors from CLI, you will see this corresponds to the AP.

Thanks!
Userlevel 2
Andrew Webster wrote:

Perfect.Thanks
Does anyone know how to derive (if possible) the Mint ID first octet from the AP MAC?