Header Only - DO NOT REMOVE - Extreme Networks
Solved

Auto shutdown - How does it work?

Hi everyone

Function auto shutdown how does it work? I disconnect the network but the SSID was not turned off.

icon

Best answer by Robert Zarzycki 2 May 2019, 14:43

The Auto Shutdown feature causes the WLAN to shut down when certain criteria are met. It also allows administrators to set the operating days and hours of certain WLANs for security or bandwidth purposes.
View original

18 replies

Userlevel 6
The Auto Shutdown feature causes the WLAN to shut down when certain criteria are met. It also allows administrators to set the operating days and hours of certain WLANs for security or bandwidth purposes.
Userlevel 6

Hi you

I have configured as image but when disconnect LAN, WLAN still online. Please guide me to configure it properly.

Hello @Robert Zarzycki , Can you help me?
Userlevel 6
Tuan,
Using the option the way you've shown, only the AP that has lost its link status will shutdown the WLAN.
If there are other APs beaconing the same SSID, those APs will continue to run the WLAN.

Also, when you say that you've disconnected the LAN, what exactly did you disconnect?
This option is useful in situations where an AP is still receiving power, but the Ethernet link has been broken between the AP and the switch.
I have the same problem, AP is still receiving power, but the ethernet link has been broken between the AP and the switch.

But the WLAN dont shutdown.

Firmware 5.8.2 - AP7532/AP7522

What i need to do to make this work?

wlan eduroam
description eduroam
ssid eduroam
vlan 400
bridging-mode local
encryption-type tkip-ccmp
authentication-type eap
no answer-broadcast-probes
no client-client-communication
radio-resource-measurement
fast-bss-transition
802.11v bss-transition
assoc-response rssi-threshold -72
assoc-response deny-threshold 3
data-rates 2.4GHz gn
wing-extensions move-command
wing-extensions smart-scan
wing-extensions wmm-load-information
wing-extensions ap-attributes-information
wing-extensions scan-assist
wing-extensions ft-over-ds-aggregate
use aaa-policy EXTERNAL-AAA
use roaming-assist-policy RASST
use ip-access-list out BROADCAST-MULTICAST-CONTROL
use mac-access-list out PERMIT-ARP-AND-IPv4
proxy-arp-mode strict
shutdown on-primary-port-link-loss
shutdown on-unadoption
no nsight client-history
Userlevel 6
fserve. Probably the best thing to do at this point is test something here in the lab with a more recent version of firmware, just to be sure it isn't an issue with the 5.8.2 code.
Userlevel 6
@Robert Zarzycki

Not seeing the WLAN shutdown on a 7532 running 5.9.4.1
Querying ge1, it IS recognizing that the port is DOWN when I disconnect the data side Ethernet connection on the PoE injector, but continues to run the WLAN. Other requirements for this to trigger or a bug?
@Robert Zarzycki

Not seeing the WLAN shutdown on a 7532 running 5.9.4.1
Querying ge1, it IS recognizing that the port is DOWN when I disconnect the data side Ethernet connection on the PoE injector, but continues to run the WLAN. Other requirements for this to trigger or a bug?

I was similar, although i unpluged cable LAN on POE but WLAN still show. It seems that this feature does not work. I using Wing 5.9.2
I've made some tests and, with the LAN unplugged the SSID still being broadcasted very strong from this AP that is near me, but i can connect without any problem to the other AP that far away.
I've made some tests and, with the LAN unplugged the SSID still being broadcasted very strong from this AP that is near me, but i can connect without any problem to the other AP that far away.

Hi @fserve

Have you resolve this prolem?

I've made some tests and, with the LAN unplugged the SSID still being broadcasted very strong from this AP that is near me, but i can connect without any problem to the other AP that far away.Hi @fserve

Nops 😞

I've made some tests and, with the LAN unplugged the SSID still being broadcasted very strong from this AP that is near me, but i can connect without any problem to the other AP that far away.Hi @fserve

Nops :(

2 AM yesterday i had to unplug power my AP because I lost LAN to AP but signal is still very strong and there is no internet. This is terrible
Userlevel 6
Tuan, please contact GTAC and reference this this Hub discussion.
It seems that the radio still transmit the WLAN but the client isn't able to connect to this WLAN.
Userlevel 6
Still recommending to contact GTAC to report this behavior.
Hi everybody

Is smart-rf related to this problem. I'm turned on Smart-rf

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/How-to-disable-the-Smart-rf-2-0-Select-Shutdown-feature-in-WiNG-5-9-2-x?l=en_US&fs%E2%80%A6
Userlevel 6
SmartRF is simply the mechanism that allows for automatic power and channel management of the radios.
It does not have any ability to disable a WLAN on a radio. It should not have the ability to affect the problem being discussed here.