Header Only - DO NOT REMOVE - Extreme Networks

Best Practices for WLAN for T5 and TW522s

Hello,

Question:
Does a best practice exist for T5 product line? All I can find online is release notes on the product.

Mainly I would like to know what is the limitation for TKIP type encryption per TW-522. How many clients with that type of encryption (assume WPA2) can I have per WAP at max? Same question for CCMP (AES) encryption: how many clients max can 1 WAP support?

Also,
Any other recommendations/best practices.

Problem:
We have 5 x DSLAMs with around 100 x TW-522 property wide deployment. On that network we have several open SSIDs and several configured with WPA2 and TKIP-CCMP encryption. On the WPA2 encrypted SSIDs, Android and iOS devices from time to time get a message: incorrect password or invalid password. This happens at random. We have tried enabling Mixed mode of WPA/WPA2 and that did nothing.

Firmware: for both WAPs and DSLAMs - 5.4.2.2-003R

Has anyone ran into this before?

Cheers,
Alex

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Hi Alex,
The limit for wireless clients is configured per radio. The default is 64 and the max is 128.
Please make sure all CPEs have 5.4.2.2 firmware - mismatched firmware between T5 and CPE can cause odd behavior.
Have you recently made a change to any of the WLAN settings on that T5? If so, there is a known bug that can cause odd behavior until you reboot the radios after a change to any WLAN is made.
If none of that helps, please open a support case so we can work on it.
Thanks!
Erin
Erin Bulloch wrote:

Hi Alex,
The limit for wireless clients is configured per radio. The default is 64 and the max is 128.
Please make sure all CPEs have 5.4.2.2 firmware - mismatched firmware between T5 and CPE can cause odd behavior.
Have you recently made a change to any of the WLAN settings on that T5? If so, there is a known bug that can cause odd behavior until you reboot the radios after a change to any WLAN is made.
If none of that helps, please open a support case so we can work on it.
Thanks!
Erin

Thanks Erin!

I will reboot the DSLAMs and try again.

Cheers,
Alex