Question

Can we create multiples vlans for one single SSID. If yes please let me know the steps???

• 16 July 2019
  • 6 replies

In wing access points can we create multiple VLANS for one single SSID, if its possible please let us know the steps or if any documents available??

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Hello Srinivas,

This might help: https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Q_A/What-is-vlan-pool-member-command-good-for-in-WiNG-WLAN-configuration

Thank you,

Chris
Hi Chris,

I have checked the above link and i tried to create different vlans( vlan 10 and Vlan 20) in 8432 AP. I was able to create vlan pool I am getting IP address when connected to Vlan 10. But I am not getting the IP address when connected to other vlan 20..What will be the issue??
Userlevel 5
Hello Srinivas,

First place to look would be the ge 1 interface. Check to make sure it's designated as trunk and that both vlans are allowed out. Also make sure that both vlans are allowed through the switchport the AP/s is/are connected to.

Thank you,

Chris
Hi Chris,

I have create ge1 as Trunk port and allowed both the vlans but I didn't understood your second statement
"Also make sure that both vlans are allowed through the switchport the AP/s is/are connected to"
plz let us know the next step..
Userlevel 5
Hello Srinivas,

The AP's are connected to switches, so the same vlans already configured on the APs should also be allowed through those switches.

1 - Vlans allowed through AP ge 1 port which you did by setting it as trunk and allowing the vlans through
2 - Same vlans should be configured to allow traffic on the switches the APs are connected to.

AP ge1 trunk allowed vlans 1,2,3,4 <----------> switch allowed vlan 1,2,3,4

I hope this helps,

Chris
Hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply..