Question

How to monitor wifi system

• 19 July 2019
  • 5 replies

Hi everybody

I have 11AP and 1 Controller used Wing

5.9. How to know which AP are most active in preriod of time?

Thank you

5 replies

Userlevel 1
Tuan -

My understanding is that the WiNG controller only shows data for "right now". That means you would have to look at each individual AP and record stats and then compare over time. If you want historical data you will need to either setup SNMP with an external third party tool, or look at Extreme Networks NSight application -- https://www.extremenetworks.com/product/extreme-nsight/.

Max
Tuan -

My understanding is that the WiNG controller only shows data for "right now". That means you would have to look at each individual AP and record stats and then compare over time. If you want historical data you will need to either setup SNMP with an external third party tool, or look at Extreme Networks NSight application -- https://www.extremenetworks.com/product/extreme-nsight/.

Max

Hi you

I use controller RFS4000, NSight does not support it.
Userlevel 5
Tuan, to be more accurate, I would say that you cannot load the NSight software onto an RFS controller...but you can have an NSight controller (running on it's own hardware or as a VM) and have it collecting and displaying data for a deployment that uses an RFS4000 and the controller.
In fact, as of fairly recently, NSight now MUST be loaded onto its own platform (hardware or VM).
Tuan, to be more accurate, I would say that you cannot load the NSight software onto an RFS controller...but you can have an NSight controller (running on it's own hardware or as a VM) and have it collecting and displaying data for a deployment that uses an RFS4000 and the controller.
In fact, as of fairly recently, NSight now MUST be loaded onto its own platform (hardware or VM).

Will I have to buy license for Nsight?
Userlevel 5
Tuan, yes. NSight does require licensing. It is based on the number of APs you want to collect information from. If you have 10 APs, you would need/want 10 NSight licenses.