Header Only - DO NOT REMOVE - Extreme Networks
Question

Issue with AP-8533 connection

• 7 February 2019
  • 5 replies

Hi,
I have configured an AP-8533, and I have a problem with an Asus Laptop, with an Ubuntu operating system.

The problem is that when the user wants to connect to the Wireless does not connect successfully and is intermittent; I restarted the AP and was able to connect the laptop but always happens my every day.

I don't know if it can be a configuration issue or if something is wrong with the AP, the strange thing is that it only happens to me in that Laptop.

I would appreciate a little help

5 replies

Userlevel 4
If it is just your PC and no other devices are seeing issues, it point to an issue with your device.

First, check that you have the latest drivers for your wireless card.

You can also log into the CLI of the AP and enter the following command

show event-history | grep xx-xx-xx-xx-xx Where xx-xx-xx-xx-xx is the MAC of your wireless card. Note this search is case sensitive.

If you are having problem reviewing the logs, please open a case with GTAC
I got the following output

Userlevel 4
It is show that it connected with a strong signal and that it passed the 4-way handshake.

If you enter

show wireless client

The output should show the device in a "data-ready" state.

At this point, it all looks good
It is correct I can see the client, of course, today I restarted the device. I will wait to see what happens tomorrow.

If you have some other commands that can help me diagnose or identify a possible error would be great.

Thank you very much for your help.
Userlevel 4
Hi Joel,

Can you advise if you configured hide bss or no answer broadcast probs under the WLAN?