Header Only - DO NOT REMOVE - Extreme Networks

list of aps serial number from rfs

Userlevel 2
Hi

Is there any way to get a list of aps and serial numbers from a controller rfs with wingOS?

I tested with the Asset Discovery Tool but through vpn it does not work.

Thanks.

14 replies

Userlevel 4
show adoption info

Provide AP Name, MAC, AP Type, AP Model and SN
Userlevel 4
In addition to Timo's answer, "show adoption status" will show version information on each APs.
show adoption info on rfs4000-E0Exxx
Userlevel 2
Perfect. Thank you very much. The show adoption info command has worked correctly for me.
You can also customize the command to only display the information you require per these instructions:

How to customize the Show commands displayed output on WiNG controllers or APs
Userlevel 5
You can run CLI command ' show adoption info'

Userlevel 4
The CLI command "show adoption info" will only display currently adopted APs (not offline APs).
Userlevel 3
Christopher Frazee wrote:

The CLI command "show adoption info" will only display currently adopted APs (not offline APs).

Is there a way to get serial numbers of the APs that are offline?
Userlevel 5

When APs is not adopted (offline - not showing up in the WLC) and if AP has a console cable than you can log in to it directly and run cli command 'show version'.
Userlevel 3

Yeah, I was thinking more along the lines of serial number gets logged somewhere on the controller for posterity. (product enhancement)
Is there a WiNG 4 equivalent command does anyone know?
Userlevel 5
Sharpy wrote:

Is there a WiNG 4 equivalent command does anyone know?

rfs7000-37FABE(config)#show wireless ap configured
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IDX NAME MAC PROFILE RF-DOMAIN ADOPTED-BY
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 ap71xx-4AA708 00-04-96-4A-A7-08 default-ap71xx default un-adopted
2 ap71xx-11E6C4 00-23-68-11-E6-C4 default-ap71xx default un-adopted
3 ap650-000001 00-A0-F8-00-00-01 default-ap650 default un-adopted
rfs7000-37FABE(config)#
Userlevel 3
Two commands come to mind...

show wireless ap
show wireless radio

In these older installs, the MAC address of the AP is the serial number of the AP.
Andrew Webster wrote:

Two commands come to mind...

show wireless ap
show wireless radio

In these older installs, the MAC address of the AP is the serial number of the AP.

I cant believe the MAC also doubles as the Serial Number (AP300). That makes things much easier from an inventory perspective at least. Thanks for this 🙂