Header Only - DO NOT REMOVE - Extreme Networks

show aps in floormaps in nsight

Userlevel 2
Hi.

I have a vx9000 + nsight installed. I have configured several rf-domains in the tree structure and added the plans. In the nsight I see the planes correctly in the maps view tab but the aps do not appear to be able to place them. I'm forgetting something?

Thanks

6 replies

Userlevel 3
hi jose

did you define the APs on the floorplan on the controllers. This is a manual process
Userlevel 2
[/code]
I am in that step but the aps do not appear to be able to move them directly to the floorplan[/code]
Userlevel 4
Jose_LV wrote:

[/code]
I am in that step but the aps do not appear to be able to move them directly to the floorplan[/code]

The APs are locked on the Controller under Dashboard/Network View. There is an unlock/lock ICON on the far right-hand side to unlock/lock APs. Once done, commit/save. Same will need to be done on NSight.
Userlevel 2
Jose_LV wrote:

[/code]

At the end i had to put the APs inside each rf-domain from the network view in the wing so that they would appear in the nsight and be able to drag them to their location.
Thanks Chistopher and thanks Andy.
Regards
Jose_LV wrote:

[/code]

hi,

i have a similar situation. On the same Rf domain only some APs doesn't show up to be able to drag them to the map.

Regards,
Jose_LV wrote:

[/code]

do you have any suggestions?
Thank you!