Solved

VX 9000

• 15 May 2020
  • 9 replies

Can we assign RF domain simultaneously to multiple wireless controller and access points ?

icon

Best answer by Tomasz 18 May 2020, 10:39

VC is up to 64 APs and just single RF Domain.

Hope that helps,

Tomasz

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 6

Hello Subha,

I’m not sure if this is what your asking about, but here is a suggestion:

>en

#conf t

(config)#device

(config-device-{ALL})#use rf-domain <rf-domain-name>

(config-device-{ALL})#com wr

This applies the change to all devices

if you only want to push the change to a certain portion of devices you can choose from the following options:

>en

#conf t

(config)#device ?
  containing  Specify devices that contain a sub-string in the hostname
  filter      Specify addition selection filter

I hope this helps,

Chris

Are multi-gig (above 1 Gbps) ports required for 11ax APs?

Userlevel 6
Badge

Hi Shubha,

If you ask regarding enterprise deployments (not for home), it is not much expected in the nearest future to require more than 1 Gbps for 11ax APs. It’s because of client devices’ capabilities, number of client devices per AP or rather per channel (airtime saturation, contention) and required throughput per device in particular production environment.

Hope that helps,

Tomasz

How big can an RF Domain be when managed by a VC?

Userlevel 6
Badge

VC is up to 64 APs and just single RF Domain.

Hope that helps,

Tomasz

From where we can assign vlan to ESSIDs in ExtremeWireless WiNG GUI management interface

Please specify the path.

Userlevel 6
Badge

If you prefer GUI, that’d be exactly where you create WLANs (Configuration → Wireless LANs), under basic section of particular WLAN settings.

If you have just started with WiNG, I think you might find these useful: https://www.extremenetworks.com/support/documentation/wing-5-x-how-to-guides/

Hope that helps,

Tomasz

After completing the adoption of several APs during a wireless LAN deployment, the customer has requested that to make changes to the configuration set and apply them to a small group of APs, How we can achieve this?

Userlevel 6
Badge

Oh, now I understand…

I’m not sure if this is a purpose of this community. I think it would be better if you asked some real questions…

Review the student guide, docs, play with the GUI/CLI… If you attended the training it would seem to be a very basic question. And satisfaction on passing the exam as well.

Come on guys, these are not Cisco see-see-whatever loads of details to learn by heart...

I’m sorry I got upset, but when I see an exam question, what am I supposed to do: provide a copy’n’paste of actual answer or answer in a way it is still not clear if A, B, C or D?

Kind regards,

Tomasz