Header Only - DO NOT REMOVE - Extreme Networks

VX9000 and Xen

Userlevel 1
Hi!!

i trying to install the iso into my Xen Lab but dont boot. Have some tips to install into XEN?

Thx.

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Hello Rodrigo - We have good VX9000 Virtual Controller Installation Guide that covers this install process. Here is the link where this guide is posted:

http://documentation.extremenetworks.com/ExtremeWireless/VX9000_IG_MN001985A01A_EN.pdf
Userlevel 1
Hi!

the doc dont have any info for work with Xen 😞

thx
Userlevel 3
Hi Rodrigo - the reference to XEN is noted on page 4 of the VX9000 Installation guide noting "Installing the VX Virtualized Controller on a Hypervisor"

Ensure a Hypervisor (ESXi, Xen, Hyper V) is installed in your server environment or the downloaded .iso
image will not run.

Here is additional information noted in this official KCS article 🙂

Does the VX-9000 support XenServer v7 for VM installation?

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Q_A/Does-the-VX-9000-support-XenServer-v7-for-VM-...
Userlevel 1
hi!!

I'm reading the last doc and previous doc. In the first doc dont show anything about resource for Xen, CPU, Disk, etc... Can extrapolate from Hyper-V or VMware.

If use the option other install media, the installation is extreme slowly, even if put 4GB, 4 CPU and 10GB for disk.

Is possible try to improve the installation iso for Xen? When install showme some advance and i see info about detecting Xen, disk type xvda, etc... xentool preinstalled is better. That permit use in the VM optimization like vmotion, etc...

Thx
Userlevel 5
I have a Xen server and I have no issues installing VX9000. Yes its slower install than VMware but still not super slow. I do have my iso files in a storage repository on the Xen server. What is your vm build process?
Userlevel 1
Hi Robert!

create VM using other media install, i choose 4GB for ram, 10GB disk, 4 cores 2x2 and select the media from repository and waiting to showme info about install process.

🙂

pd:reboot dont work from xencenter is necessary xentools installed.
Userlevel 5
is it possible you are out of hard drive space? Any errors in the xen logs?