Header Only - DO NOT REMOVE - Extreme Networks

Where to download firmware of EOL access points like AP622?


Hi, can anyone tell me where can I download the firmware of EOL motorola APs? I need the firmware of AP622.

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Hi Gerald,

there is Extreme Portal page for EOS APs.
https://extranet.extremenetworks.com/downloads/Pages/ExtremeWirelessWiNGAccessPointsEOS.aspx[/code]If your AP is not listed here, let me know.

Regards,
Ondrej
Ondrej Lepa wrote:

Hi Gerald,

there is Extreme Portal page for EOS APs.
https://extranet.extremenetworks.com/downloads/Pages/ExtremeWirelessWiNGAccessPointsEOS.aspx[/code]If your AP is not listed here, let me know.

Regards,
Ondrej

Hi Ondrej, I've already checked that there and this model is not in the list. I've learned that the firmware is in the controller's image.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Gerald
Userlevel 1
AP622 is thin AP so the firmware file is included in all Controller images.
The last firmware version for AP622 is WiNG 5.8.4.
May I know what is the model of the Controller that you are using?
Choon Chuan Ch'ng wrote:

AP622 is thin AP so the firmware file is included in all Controller images.
The last firmware version for AP622 is WiNG 5.8.4.
May I know what is the model of the Controller that you are using?

Hello Choon Chuan,

Yes you are correct just recently learned about what you said. I was able to see the version of the AP which is Wing 5.8.4
I am using VX9000 controller via Virtual.

Thank you.

Regards,

Gerald
Hello Gerald,

The AP622 firmware is not posted as an independent image on our support portal.

As a dependant AP, its firmware is included within the controller image.

What version are you looking for taking into consideration that the latest supported version is 5.8.4.x?

Regards,

Chris
Christoph S. wrote:

Hello Gerald,

The AP622 firmware is not posted as an independent image on our support portal.

As a dependant AP, its firmware is included within the controller image.

What version are you looking for taking into consideration that the latest supported version is 5.8.4.x?

Regards,

Chris

Hi Christoph,

I was testing an old model of AP622 and trying to adopt it on VX9000 controller via virtual. I was told that in order for me to upgrade the firmware of this API need to adopt this on the controller.

VX9000 controller that I'm using is Wing 5.8.6

Regards,

Gerald
Christoph S. wrote:

Hello Gerald,

The AP622 firmware is not posted as an independent image on our support portal.

As a dependant AP, its firmware is included within the controller image.

What version are you looking for taking into consideration that the latest supported version is 5.8.4.x?

Regards,

Chris

Hello Gerald,

The VX9000 has to be on 5.8.4.0 for it to be able to adopt the AP622 APs. Please follow this link to firmware 5.8.6.0 release notes listing the supported APs: http://documentation.extremenetworks.com/release_notes/WiNG/9035063_WiNG_v5_8_6_Release_Notes.pdf
Hi Gerald,

Here is the link

Reply