Header Only - DO NOT REMOVE - Extreme Networks

Wifi Devices filtering

Hi. I'm a french wifi network administrator and I'm using VX900 and NX7510. I need to block iOS et Android device from my GUEST Wifi (this network should be used only for LAPTOP). I tried to configure fingerprint filtering but for every new devices model, there is new fingerprint. So the filtering need to be permanently updated/managed. Is there a filtering system a little more evolved?

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Hi,

you can do it the vice versa, only allow Windows. Or block iOS and Android. That are the only two options.
Hi and thank you for your answer.
In my policies, I have not "windows" listed in client identity. Where do you find it?
Wich kind of parameters do you use to do this?
Userlevel 4
Configuration -> Security -> Device Fingerprinting -> Client Identity

If you create add a new, you can select "Predefined". Under this settings I can add Windows, Android, iOS...

Example:
client-identity Windows-10 dhcp 1 message-type request option 55 exact hexstring 01002710792c78
dhcp 5 message-type request option 60 exact ascii "MSFT 5.0"
dhcp-match-message-type request
!
client-identity Windows-7
dhcp 2 message-type request option 55 exact hexstring 010f03062c2e2f1f2179f92b
dhcp 9 message-type request option 60 exact ascii "MSFT 5.0"
!
client-identity Windows-8
dhcp 1 message-type request option 55 exact hexstring 010f03062c2e2f1f2179f9fc2b
dhcp 5 message-type request option 60 exact ascii "MSFT 5.0"
!
client-identity-group Group-ok client-identity Windows-8 precedence 1
client-identity Windows-7 precedence 2
client-identity Windows-10 precedence 3
load default-fingerprints

To this "Group" ok you can add a allow all firewall and default is deny all. Or you test it the other way, create a rule for android and iOS with the deny rule and default is allow all.
ho yes! I will try this!!

many thanks!
I can apply Wireless Client Role Policy only on the profile (so on all SSID). I want to apply this rule on GUEST only.