So I just updated 24 locations using the WM3400 controller, of which 4 had a strange issue arise. I updated the devices and rebooted them, only to lose access to the network causing me to go onsite to find out what the issue was. When on site I would attempt to access my firewall, lets call it 192.168.1.1, only for the Extreme login page to pop up. I found this odd as I could also access the controller using its normal assigned IP address, lets call it 192.168.1.15. Accessing the normal page (.15) I could find nothing odd, so I went ahead and signed into the .1 address. Apparently the controller created another virtual interface allowing me to configure it. I did a bit of navigating, found the VLAN 1 interface and had to disable DHCP which promptly fixed the network issue.
I'm curious why this is happening and how I can prevent it from happening again. (I rebooted the device yesterday and it occurred again) It seems strange that a firmware update would cause the devices to enable DHCP and create IP conflicts with my firewall. Also as a side note, these particular devices (4 out of the 24) will not allow me to ping them now, even though I created a static route for them.