Question

Adobe Flash end of support 2020 - WING GUI 5.9.x/7.x

• 3 October 2019
  • 74 replies

Show first post

74 replies

Badge

Tested temporary solution. Change the date of the access equipment. I have deactivated the automatic synchronisation and set the date of the computer to the year 2020, and it works.

How about domain PCs or VPN connection without time sync? I think the only solution in production environment is to deploy VM out of domain with date changed to 2020. I hope that development team will provide us HTML5 during this year…   

Tested temporary solution. Change the date of the access equipment. I have deactivated the automatic synchronisation and set the date of the computer to the year 2020, and it works.

How about domain PCs or VPN connection without time sync? I think the only solution in production environment is to deploy VM out of domain with date changed to 2020. I hope that development team will provide us HTML5 during this year…   

Well, according to Extreme:

WiNG-Man (WiNG-Manager) is a self-contained app that will allow the use of the WiNG flash GUI beyond the end of flash support. This tool is intended to be used by those with legacy deployments or advanced GUI users. It is only supported for the use of the WiNG graphical user interface.

So I believe they need to come up with a solution, set the time back is not a solution.

Badge

Well, according to Extreme:

WiNG-Man (WiNG-Manager) is a self-contained app that will allow the use of the WiNG flash GUI beyond the end of flash support. This tool is intended to be used by those with legacy deployments or advanced GUI users. It is only supported for the use of the WiNG graphical user interface.

So I believe they need to come up with a solution, set the time back is not a solution.

Of course it is only workaround temporary solution until Extreme development will resolve the problem with “Adobe’s end-of-life logic bomb”. 

Userlevel 2

Probably it was not know at the time of creating WingMan that the Flashplugin already included the timebomb of self deactivation.

Userlevel 1

If you have problems with end of life in WingMan you need to change pepflashplayer.dll to the older version. You need to go to C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\extreme-wing-manager\app-1.0.1\resources\app\src\flash\win32 and replace pepflashplayer.dll to version 26.0.0.131 x64 downloaded from eg. dll-files.com

Userlevel 3

If you have problems with end of life in WingMan you need to change pepflashplayer.dll to the older version. You need to go to C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\extreme-wing-manager\app-1.0.1\resources\app\src\flash\win32 and replace pepflashplayer.dll to version 26.0.0.131 x64 downloaded from eg. dll-files.com

Thks man!

It’s works!

Userlevel 3

Really not serious that we need to change the clock to make it work.

PC’s are connected to DC so very bad “solution”.

Userlevel 3

Thks man!

It’s works!

OMG!

This is Deja vu of Java with WING4 :grimacing: .

I do not want it again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Userlevel 3

Any ETA about HTML GUI ?

Userlevel 3

Thks man!

It’s works!

not working for me

Userlevel 3

Any ETA about HTML GUI ?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Its really shame of Extreme let that happend. 

It is classic facepalm situaltion. Today I started wing implemetation for large customer [over 170 AP] and have this unpleasant role to tell them they have to switch date back when wing manager failed to work.

regards,

Tomek

Hello.

Tested with old browsers and no luck.

We got the same conclusion that change the Date to 31/12/2020 works, but this will break and impact  other things on the  PC like autentication,etc....

This is not a quick fix but a last resort fix. :(

CLI works without any problems.

Thanks.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Yaep, cli works, i’m developing some ASCI code to show customer floor plans and topologies…

Yes CLI works , but not an alternative for all GUI Settings.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Badge

Workaround with changing pepflashplayer.dll library in C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\extreme-wing-manager\app-1.0.1\resources\app\src\flash\win32 to version 26.0.0.131 x64 works for me. 

Userlevel 2

pepflashplayer.dll in version 29.0.0.171 is working too

Userlevel 1

It's a little embarrassing when the software that was supposed to fix the problem, shows the problem itself. Our customers are totally "thrilled".

It works for me too, but i don’t know if you missed to mention (or is just my case) that this dll file is generated each time you open the WiNG Man, so you need to replace the file each time and after you run WiNG Man. That was the only way it worked for me. Also can confirm that it works with 29.0.0.171

Thank you.

Is there any update on when will get HTML5 GUI? Flash player EOD ends today

Userlevel 5

Just wanted to let you guys know this is on my radar, working on getting update/plan for you guys. I’ll update this thread as soon as I know more. 

Userlevel 6
Badge

Hello.

Tested with old browsers and no luck.

We got the same conclusion that change the Date to 31/12/2020 works, but this will break and impact  other things on the  PC like autentication,etc....

This is not a quick fix but a last resort fix. :(

CLI works without any problems.

Thanks.

Hi,

I’d say Konrad’s approach to have a VM might be the cleanest, yet the most effortful workaround. A securely accessed VM only able to communicate with WiNG controller IP.

Cheers,

Tomasz

Userlevel 5

We are working on a new version of WingMan as we speak, this is obviously a high priority. The current target release is for tonight, barring any further setbacks. You can also consult this guide for updates as well: https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000092008

Thanks for hanging in there with me everyone, I’ll keep you posted as I hear more. 

Userlevel 5

Looks like the release is now scheduled for tomorrow noon. I’ll keep you all updated if I hear more. 

Userlevel 6

You can configure Flash to work for certain sites by using mms.cfg. See for example the VMware documentation on how to set it up

EOLUninstallDisable=1
EnableAllowList=1
AllowListPreview=1
AllowListUrlPattern=https://FQDN_Of_The_Target_System/