Question

LACP issue when doing the port mirroring

• 5 February 2014
  • 5 replies

I really need help from you all, using extremeos 15.3.2.11. Please help. Thanks a billion.

All the LACP ports are getting down when enabling the port mirroring using below commands:

enable mirroring to port 10

config mirroring add port 43

Trunk LACP Ports are set:
Trunk 11: Port 11-12
Trunk 17: Port 17-18
Trunk 43: Port 43-44
Trunk 43: Port 47-48

5 replies

Hello Johnathan,

Without knowing the switch platform and further configuration, it is very hard to comment on this.

For sure it is not expected behavior, enabling mirroring on a port should normally not affect the link state on any other ports.
Therefore I suggest that you open a TAC case through your normal support channel for proper investigation.

Thanks,

Ron
anybody, please help me. Thanks a lot
Userlevel 5
Hello Johnathan,

Without knowing the switch platform and further configuration, it is very hard to comment on this.

For sure it is not expected behavior, enabling mirroring on a port should normally not affect the link state on any other ports.
Therefore I suggest that you open a TAC case through your normal support channel for proper investigation.

Thanks,

Ron
Userlevel 2
Jonathan, if you could provide us some further clarification on this issue, we would like to work with you to resolve. Thank you!
Thanks a lot Tamera and Ron, we are working with extreme support on this. Thanks a lot