At Last...VISIO STENCILS!

Show first post

91 replies

Are there any updates on stencils for the summit-g2 series?Hi Drew,

Any news for the X670-G2 stencils ?
Userlevel 7
Are there any updates on stencils for the summit-g2 series?Hi Damien,
I've been bugging our various internal teams about this and the process for having them created with regularity is still being drafted. Unfortunately, this is taking much longer than I'd like for it to.
Let me see what I can figure out - I'll ask again.

-Drew
Are there any updates on stencils for the summit-g2 series?Hi everyone,

I am writing from TSIS. We were the agency who had created the Visio stencils for various product lines that are posted here. However for the past few months we have not been contacted for any new requirements.

I am taking this opportunity to again express our availability to create any new stencils or update existing ones for which we have retained the meta data.

On the connections points that Ben Parker has requested, we had submitted our proposal, but have not heard back.

Our contact is tsis@techsoftinfosolutions.com and would be glad to work on any Visio requirement.

Thank you.
Are there any updates on stencils for the summit-g2 series?Hi Dwarka,

As it is said on the top of this page :

"Note: Summit X430 and Summit X670-G2-series Visio Stencils are not available at this time."

So it would be great if you can create these two products.

Thank you
Are there any updates on stencils for the summit-g2 series?Hi Damien,

Thank you.

We would be happy to create Visio stencils for these two products. In our earlier engagements with Extreme Networks, we have used data sheets available on your website for inputs. I guess you are OK too.

Request you to please send us an email at tsis@techsoftinfosolutions.com. We will respond with a quote and seek your approval.

Thank you again and looking forward to working with you and Extreme Networks.

Best regards.

PS - Would Extreme Networks be still interested in adding connection points to ports on all Visio shapes ? We would be glad to quote for that too. Thank you.
Are there any updates on stencils for the summit-g2 series?Hi,

Please let me know how to get started creating the missing shapes and connections points for Extreme Networks.

As mentioned in my post earlier, we have worked with Extreme Networks earlier creating the stencils posted here and have full understanding of your requirements / specifications.

Thank you.
Userlevel 2
QSFP+ Optics and the various cables für DC cabling would be nice. esp. fan out calbes
Userlevel 2
Slightly off topic, but in relation to this. Can the datasheets and price list be updated to better describe what switches/modules will and will not support QSFP+ fan out cables. I am thinking specifically of the x460-g2, since as far as I know, it's QSFP ports are the only ones that don't support fan out.
Userlevel 7
Slightly off topic, but in relation to this. Can the datasheets and price list be updated to better describe what switches/modules will and will not support QSFP+ fan out cables. I am thinking specifically of the x460-g2, since as far as I know, it's QSFP ports are the only ones that don't support fan out.Reposting as an "idea" for documentation improvement. Please reference the new conversation here: Update hardware compatibility matrices for QSFP+ fanout cables
Userlevel 2
Having those stencils with connection points (I hope they're called that way in an English Visio installation) would be tremendously helpful.
Userlevel 7
Having those stencils with connection points (I hope they're called that way in an English Visio installation) would be tremendously helpful.Agreed! At the moment we don't have a team dedicated to building these, so unfortunately, making these changes falls to whoever has time to pick it up and build/update them.
When the topic comes up again internally, this is on my list of items to suggest.

Thanks!
Having those stencils with connection points (I hope they're called that way in an English Visio installation) would be tremendously helpful.Hello,

I am new here but I have done this in the past when I worked for Proxim, Meru and Aruba... I am a wireless guy but I understand the need for the connection points.

What I recommend we do is work as a team to get this done in segments.

Since I am not a huge route/switch guy I don't want to sink a lot of time into doing these but I would be more than happy to post a link to a video or something that shows how to do it. They are not that hard and are priceless marketing tools that are a MUST for all networking manufactures to have for deliverables which helps sales.

Also another option is just get an intern out one of the mechanical engineering schools local in the bay area and have them do it.

I know how it is when things are tight for resources at many companies which is why I took the initiative to do this on my own as a hobby. My girlfriends hated it. :)

Shaun.
Userlevel 7
Having those stencils with connection points (I hope they're called that way in an English Visio installation) would be tremendously helpful.Hi Shaun,
First, welcome to our community! Feel free to poke around, comment, ask questions, post ideas, etc. We're here to help and collaborate to make a better solution for everyone.

I like your idea of "crowdsourcing" the stencil work - it's certainly feasible and is something I think we're willing consider. If you were able to pick a product and record yourself adding connection points to it maybe others would pick up and follow suit. I actually have interns on my team who work in one of our labs - we like projects :)

Not sure what all is required to create new sets of icons for missing products, but I'm confident that I can get anything. If high-res images help, I have those.

This is currently the most viewed topic on our site, so I know people are interested.

-Drew
Userlevel 5
Hi do you have a updated stencil for Pureview, specifically the Pureview Sensor?
Hi - Any chance at a stencil for the Extreme X770 40G switch?
Userlevel 7
Hi - Any chance at a stencil for the Extreme X770 40G switch?Hi Karl,
The Summit X link above includes a Summit X770-32q stencil. It's one of the last ones in the list, after the X670V and its VIMs.
Anyone else having trouble downloading the Extreme Visio stencils from the above links? When you click on Extreme (EXOS) for example, it opens a new tab and you see the web coding instead of ability to download the .vss file. For Enterasys it is really easy, you just go to the Type of switch you want and under media library the visio stencils are right there. Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Anyone else having trouble downloading the Extreme Visio stencils from the above links? When you click on Extreme (EXOS) for example, it opens a new tab and you see the web coding instead of ability to download the .vss file. For Enterasys it is really easy, you just go to the Type of switch you want and under media library the visio stencils are right there. Thanks!Hi Adam,
This is interesting - I see this in Internet Explorer but not in Firefox or Chrome.
I'll have our web team take a look - I'm guessing either the server or the browser isn't properly handling the MIME type for VSS files.
In the meantime, you should be able to download them by right-clicking links and using the "save target as" feature. Just be sure to manually set the file type to *.vss.

-Drew
Userlevel 2
still searching for the x430 stencils - any update on that issue - the last answer i see was 5 mths ago telling youre working on it

br
Peter
Userlevel 7
still searching for the x430 stencils - any update on that issue - the last answer i see was 5 mths ago telling youre working on it

br
Peter

Hi Peter,
Unfortunately, I've got no new updates. However, I have scheduled a call for late next week with our web team and marketing to discuss the future of these stencils. I'm going to bring up your X430 concern and my own about getting stencils in a timely manner for new/upcoming products. Not sure when I'll have something to report, but I just wanted to be clear that this is an issue that is getting pushed through.

Thanks,
-Drew
Userlevel 7

br
Peter

Hi Dwarka,
Let me get your contact info over to the right people. As we can all see here, they're in demand :)

I've got your message saved and might recommend removing your email address from your post.

Thanks,
-Drew

br
Peter

Hi Drew,

Thank you and look forward to next steps in building the Visio stencils with your help.

BTW, I am unable to remove my email ID in the posts above. As community manager, may I request you to remove it please.

Thank you.

Best regards.
Userlevel 5
Hi all

Visio stencils of a Pureview sensor would be great!!
Kinda bums me out that the c,b,k,s series stencils don't align correctly to the 42u racks, but better that nothing. Thanks
Userlevel 4
I believe connection points have been mentioned but specifically the S8 and S4 with POE are missing some of the connection points for the slots. Some slots have them and some don't.