A couple of weeks ago, I shared the news regarding our planned move to a new community provider. We're less than a week from launch, and as such, I wanted to share some updates.
On Mon Nov 26, 2018 at 10:00 PM EST (Tues Nov 27, 3:00 AM UTC), this forum will be placed in Read-Only mode.
Here's what to expect next:
- Nov 26 - GetSatisfaction community goes RO
- Nov 27 - Final data migration to new inSided community begins
- Nov 27/28 - DNS updated to point to new community (same URL) - The new community may display an error message while we do some testing (CHttpException)
- Nov 29 - New community opened to public! We may do this earlier if things check out okay.
- You'll need to resubscribe to the topics that interest you. Unfortunately, they are not able to be migrated.
- Community members logging in via the Extreme Portal will be able to login using their portal accounts. - If you used Gmail, Facebook, or anything other than an Extreme Portal account, you'll need to use the "forgot password" link to create a new password.
- Employees will also need to use the "forgot password" option for now. We'll be working on Single Sign-On for employees in the background.
I will provide contact information once we're closer to launch so that you can reach me if there are problems with your "new" account. Remember, your posts and comments will be migrated! Your password is not migrated, so you'll need to login using the appropriate steps noted above.
I know I'm excited about this change, and I hope all of you are too :)