Header Only - DO NOT REMOVE - Extreme Networks
Sticky Announcement

Welcome to The Hub's New Home!

Welcome to The Hub's New Home!
Userlevel 7
I'm happy to present our new home on the inSided platform!

There are a lot of differences, but our goal remains the same - provide you with an excellent place to ask questions and discuss topics covering all things Extreme Networks.

There are a few things I need to make everyone aware of...

How to Login

If you have an Extreme Portal account

1. Click the Login option in the top-right corner
  2. Choose the purple "Login with your Extreme Portal account" option
  3. You'll see a familiar Extreme Portal login prompt. Log In here.
  4. If successful, check that your your profile is correct and enjoy!
  5. If there's a failure, ensure your account works on the portal. If that's good, please send details to us via email.

If you are an Extreme Employee with an Extreme Portal account

2. Choose the purple "Login with your Extreme Portal account" option
  3. Use the employee link at the bottom of the page.
  4. If successful, you'll be routed to the portal (we're working on fixing this).
  5. Go back to the community. You may need to click login again...
  6. Once logged, check that your your profile is correct (including signature) and enjoy!
  7. If there's a failure, ensure your account works on the portal. If that works, please send details to us via email.

Everyone Else: If you previously used a GetSatisfaction, Gmail, or Facebook account

(Including employees without portal accounts)
  2. Choose the Forgot password link.
  3. Check your email and follow the instructions.
  4. If successful, check that your your profile is correct (including signature) and enjoy!
  5. If there's a failure, please send details to us via email.
  6. It is possible you could see a "duplicate username" error. Use the above link to send us an email to let us know. Conflict resolution is handled on a first-come, first-served basis.

If you experience problems or notice a discrepancy once logged in, you can send me a Private Message.

Once Logged in Successfully

I know this seems like a lot, but don't let it overwhelm you! We're here to work together and get through the bumpy road of the migration. You can use the General Discussion sub-forum if you have any questions about our new home.

Thanks again,
-Drew

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Looks great, Drew. Thanks for all the hard work you've put in to this!
Userlevel 1
thanks
Userlevel 6
Need to wear glasses ... Lots more POP. in the site 😎
Userlevel 5
Hello Drew,

I am faced with problems, but can't send you a PM with the provided link by you.
=> Page not found.

Regards
Stephan
Userlevel 7
Hey Drew,

could we get the full post in the email notification if we subsribe to a certain category?

Right now the mail just includes that there is a new post with the title but without the full text.

Thanks,
Ron
Userlevel 4
Great job Drew.......
Userlevel 7
Ron wrote:

could we get the full post in the email notification if we subsribe to a certain category?

Sorry I missed your note here, Ron. The post contents aren't an option for emails yet. I'm told it's coming.

The comment on the inSided community itself is this:

We do not have such a variable (yet?) for you to use. I think previewing the content has it's advantages and disadvantages. In the end I would be careful with this, as this could also have a negative impact on the performance of your community.

Imagine you would read the answer to your question already in the notification email. It makes it much more likely that you will not want to visit the community again, simply because you already have what you asked for. This could undermine the activation (as in less reactions posted) and make it harder for others to find their answers (as the user will not mark the question as solved). So I would take this with a pinch of salt...

Personally, I think the content should be there. When a new topic is posted, you know quickly if you can help or not, just by reading the email. If it's interesting you can go to the community and follow the topic.
I'll petition our provider a little more for this 🙂
Userlevel 7
Hi,

I prefer to read the contents of a new post in the notification e-mail. That does not stop me from visiting the community. This actually often provided a reason for me to make time to answer a specific question, when I did not have time for full community participation.

Thanks,
Erik
Userlevel 7
100% what Erik wrote....
I've skipped a lot of posts the last days as the subject line alone didn't provide enough information to know whether I'd give input to a topic.

I'd unterstand the position of the hosting provider but I wonder whether they have done some user survey to back that up.
I personaly will visit the page if someone provided the answer to my issue to like it and leave a Thx.