Solved

Error 9 The device appears to be in use by another VIQ.

• 19 September 2020
  • 21 replies

Hi Community,

I wanted to register my Aerohive AP230 on ExtremeCloudIQ, but I get the error:

Can you please support me?

Serial number: 02301405161228

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Karl

icon

Best answer by Sam Pirok 21 September 2020, 14:32

Hi Karl, thanks for reaching out, that device should now be free to add to your inventory. Is there anything else I can help you with?

View original

21 replies

Userlevel 4

Hi Karl, thanks for reaching out, that device should now be free to add to your inventory. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Hi Sam, many thanks. I added already my nice AP 🙂 ,but

on Device View → Updated I see “Device Update Failed”. When I go with the mouse over it, I see: “The CLI ’save image https://fra.extremecloudiq.com:443/afs-webapp/hiveos/images/APS230-8.2r5.img.S admin [...] execute failed, cause by: The Aerohive device was unable to save the image to flash memory. Reboot The Aerohive device and try again. If this problem persists, contact Aerohive Support.”

I rebooted several times and I clicked the reset button on the device. The problem persists. Can I upgrade it also via USB? My current device version is 6.4.1.0.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Karl

Userlevel 4

Thank you for those details, we’ll need to get the AP up to firmware version 6.5r3 at minimum in order to manage it via the XIQ platform. I don’t know of a way to update firmware via USB, but the following guide reviews how to update via the WebUI of the AP in case that helps: 

https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?n=000046425&q=WEb%20UI

thanks a lot, I will test it and give you feedback

webGUI ist not working, I get the error code:

ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

I think the certificate is too old. I will try this evening with several computers to access it and will disable antovirus and ssl check.

Regards,

Karl

Can you please share me firmware version 6.5r3 or newer, so I can try to upload it locally?

I can access the AP via Firefox portable V47 :D

Many thanks in advance!

Thanks for your help Sam! You are great :)

Userlevel 4

Hi Karlc, I was able to send those files over this morning and it looks like you were able to get your devices updated and added. Please let me know if I can help with anything else. 

Hi Community,

Serial number: 02301407210208

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
Akin

Userlevel 4

Hi Akin, thanks for the serial number, that device should now be free to add to your inventory. Please let me know if you have any further trouble adding that device. 

Hello Sam Pirok, 

thank you very much! I’ve added now the AP.

But now I’m not able to log on my AP with SSH or with Browser.
What is now the Password for my AP?
The second thing is, that my AP has a symbol “RADSEC Proxy Server”; what does it means?  

Thank you in advance for supporting me. 

Greetings, 
Akin

Userlevel 4

Happy to help! Once the AP gets a configuration update from the HiveManager it will use the password listed in Global settings (click on the silhouette icon in the top right hand corner to find global settings)> Device Management Settings (left hand side menu, under the Administration header). 

For the Radsec proxy, if you’re configuration needs a radsec proxy AP, two APs will automatically be elected for the role. You typically need radsec if you are using Radius authentication or using PPSK services. That won’t adversely affect the AP in any way. 

Dear Sam Pirok, 

unfortunately I'm not able to find neither the Global settings nor the Administration header :-( 

While testing all buttons I pressed the “unmanage Device” button and now I’m not able to change state to managed :-(

Regarding the Radsec proxy; it was there without any action from my site. 

Last but not least, am I able to update my APs to newer Firmware with ExtremeCloudIQ Pilot?

Once again, thanks a lot for supporting me!

Greetings, 

Akin

Userlevel 4

You’ll need to add a license to your HiveManager instance before you can leave that page or update the APs. To get a new license you will want to reach out to your sales engineer or partner you purchased your devices from. 

After you’ve applied the license, click on this silhouette icon in the top right corner to find Global Settings: 

To change the management status back to managed (again after you’ve applied the new license so you see the correct options available), check the box next to the AP> Click Actions> Change Management Status> Manage Devices: 

To update the APs firmware you’ll want to check the box next to the AP and click Update Device (which will appear on the screen you took a screen shot of, after you’ve applied a license): 

If I click on Global Settings, nothing happens!
I’ve tried every Browser I got but nothing happens. 
Any idea?

Userlevel 4

You need to apply a new license to the HiveManager before you will be able to leave the page you are on. You will want to contact your sales engineer to partner to purchase a new license. 

So I can only do all these steps, if I got a license :-( right?

Userlevel 4

That is correct. If you would like to use the free ExtremeCloud IQ (XIQ) platform, you’ll have to re-register and choose the Connect version of XIQ. Connect is free to use but has a limited feature set. To register for a Connect XIQ instance, you’ll want to go to extremecloudiq.com> Click register here> Fill out the form> wait for the confirmation email and then click the link to set your password> After that you should see the option to use the full feature version of XIQ for a trial period, a place to enter a license if you have one, or the option to use Connect. Choose Connect, rebuild your network policy, then remove your APs from the old XIQ inventory and add them to the Connect inventory. 

Hi Community,

Serial number: 33014051302656

Sorry it's a AP330

Userlevel 4

Hi @Pamadmax , thanks for providing that serial number, that device should be free to use now.