Switch with 1gb and 10gb ports

• 18 May 2015
  • 9 replies

Hi Community,

I would like to know if there is a 24-port extreme switch with below port config:

12 ports electrical 1Gb
12 port SFP+ 10Gb

Thank you!

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Hello, James!

You can use X670
I don't think any purple switches can meet your config requirements. You technically might be able to get there an x460-G2 and the VIM-2q module with fan out cables, but that isn't really what you're asking for.
Userlevel 7
I don't think any purple switches can meet your config requirements. You technically might be able to get there an x460-G2 and the VIM-2q module with fan out cables, but that isn't really what you're asking for.Hi Doug,

The X460-G2 with the VIM-2q module cannot actually be fanned out to 8 1G ports. The QSFP ports can be used at 1G, but the switch itself does not support more than 2 ports on the VIM module, so these 40G ports cannot be used as 8 1G ports.

-Brandon
I don't think any purple switches can meet your config requirements. You technically might be able to get there an x460-G2 and the VIM-2q module with fan out cables, but that isn't really what you're asking for.Brandon,

I was referring to using QSFP to 4x10G SFP+ fan out cables, not 1G. Are you saying you can't use fan out cables with the x460?
Userlevel 7
I don't think any purple switches can meet your config requirements. You technically might be able to get there an x460-G2 and the VIM-2q module with fan out cables, but that isn't really what you're asking for.That is correct, the X460-G2 with the VIM-2q module cannot be used with fanout cables. I mistyped 1G instead of 10G.
Userlevel 2
I don't think any purple switches can meet your config requirements. You technically might be able to get there an x460-G2 and the VIM-2q module with fan out cables, but that isn't really what you're asking for.This isn't difficult if you get out of the legacy purple line and go red....
Check out the 7100 series, in particular a 7124, which is 24 ports of 1/10gig SFP+ ports (plus 4 10/40gig QSFP ports). Load your appropriate SFP+ optics in and then load in RJ45 SFP transceivers for your copper 1 gig ports. The part number for the copper transceivers is MGBIC-02 and the optics would be in the 10GB-xx-SFPP series, where xx is SR, LR, or ER.
Userlevel 6
James,

As AlexandrP mentioned, you need a Summit X670 switch (either X670-48x, X670V-48x or X670-G2-48x-4q) with 12 10/100/1000Base-T SFP transceivers (these will only operate at 1G). This is a 48-port switch, so you will have an additional 24 SFP+ ports, but is the only one that will give you the port combination you need.
thank you all for the suggestions!
Userlevel 5
Kindly add one article for the reference
https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Q_A/Can-modules-of-the-previous-generation-like-t...