Header Only - DO NOT REMOVE - Extreme Networks

Number of Licenses Required for EXOS Stack

Hi I have 2 switches x460-48t running on Core license and also in stack, i would like to add the 3rd switch to the stack, however this switch is running on advanced edge license. How do i proceed ? as the customer doesn't want to go for the license restriction and the core licenses are not anymore available .

Thanks Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: Number of Licenses Needed on Stack.

11 replies

Userlevel 6
Hello!

You can configure switch with Adv Edge license as non-master-capable
Userlevel 5
The easiest way for this to be no problem is to just set the third switch as "not master capable" - Do this by adding the switch and once in run the command "configure stacking master-capability off" - reboot the slot and your good to go.

Bill
Thank you guys,

One more question :

will the "configure stacking node-address <> license-level <> " , still be applicable??

Or i just enable the license on the switch using "enable license {software} " ?

BR
Userlevel 6
Thank you guys,

One more question :

will the "configure stacking node-address <> license-level <> " , still be applicable??

BR
This is different commands.
"configure stacking node-address <> license-level <> " - it's for restrict licence-level for some node if desired license-level of stack is lower.

"enable license {software} " - it's for install license or FP
Thank you guys,

One more question :

BR
yes, i know....if the 3rd switch comes with advanced edge license and the current stack is on CORE license restriction and the idea is to make this 3rd switch NOT a master capable , how to i load the license on this 3rd new switch ?
Userlevel 6
Thank you guys,

One more question :

BR
You can install license as usual.

license-level restriction it's when you have stack nodes with for example Adv Edge license and you add new node with Core license.

"configure stacking [node-address node_address | slot slot_number] master-capability off" it's just for that node with lower license level don't become Master.
Thank you guys,

One more question :

BR
thank you
Userlevel 2
Thank you guys,

One more question :

BR
Hi,

How to specify which license is for which switch on EXOS Stack? For example, what should I do if I just want to upgrade only two master capable of same type stacked switches?

Best regards,
Hi ,

Is edge license is enough to do stacking in x440. Please give me some answer...
Userlevel 7
Is edge license is enough to do stacking in x440. Please give me some answer...
Yes, stacking is available at all license levels.
Thank you Mr.Drew....its really make me help full