this is my workflow schema
It is a simple workflow that runs on any JunOS device in our netwkork environment once a day. It launches “show chassis alarms” to look for some particular malfunctions that are not sysloggable by the device. If there are alarms they are written in a log file on the server and and email is prepaired for every device containing its own alarms.
There are five workflow’s scope variables to handle this passage of informations:
- GLB_found: is the most important since it can be initialized with “nothing”, “alarms”, “errors” and use the inclusive parallel selection to trigger the right path.
- GLB_cli_output: filled with switch alarms
- GLB_file_path: used to manage the log file position on the server
- GLB_switch_header: it passes the email object field like i want it to be
- GLB_email_body: it is filled with alarms
Two things are not working after more that 300 attempts. Here it is the first: the central inclusive parallel don’t trigger the right path even though i can see that the variables are correctly valorized and the check is made looking if the variable GLB_found is “Equals to” “nothing”/”alarms”/”errors”.
The second one is: when (randomly) the inclusive trigger the alarms path, only one email is sent for one device evev if there are multiple devices choosen by me that should be there.
If you want i can past the code of each box here.
Thank you for the support
Best answer by Zdenek Pala
The 8.4.3 will address the bug with conditions. 8.4.3 is expected mid April (very soon).
There is a fix available for 8.4.2. Ask GTAC.
regarding the email, one of options you have:
- each activity can store the content to the unique file (user+workflow_name+IP)
- the next activity will combine content of those files and prepare email
- the email will be generated with combination
As inspiration you can use ERS inventory workflow.
Good luck and stay safe!