We have a set of stacked switches running in a poorly cooled, poorly ventilated area. The warmest switch runs at ~60°C. The cut-off temperature is 67°C. A few days ago, the switch overheated while IT was closed and some users lost their network access.
I have been asked if this is a health and safety issue. I'm trying to find out what how the x450e switch behaves when it overheats. Will the switch keep trying to run, potentially getting hotter and hotter until the atmosphere ignites and we all die in a horrible fireball, or does a sensibly-installed thermal fuse disconnect power, saving the world from an otherwise certain doom? Personally, I'm hoping it's the latter.
Thanks in advance.