Question

switch not enter administrator mode

I have a switch summit x440-L2-24t is remotely managed and authenticated to a radius server. I can not log in as administrator, entry into user mode only.

Previously entered as administrator.

The XOS version is 15.2.1.5 patch1

Someone will have happened this problem?

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Hello Jhonn

Can you not log in because the switch can't talk to the radius server or it can get to the server and the account is not working.

P
Hello Paul

I go to switch my account from radius server, I logeo, but entered the user mode.

swcdv093.1 >

this does not happen with my other switches.
Userlevel 4
Extreme Networks switches have two levels of user privilege:

• read-only
• read-write

Because no command line interface (CLI) commands are available to modify the privilege level, access rights are determined when you log in. For a RADIUS server to identify the administrative privileges of a user, Extreme Networks switches expect a RADIUS server to transmit the Service-Type attribute in the Access-Accept packet, after successfully authenticating the user. Extreme Networks switches grant a RADIUS-authenticated user read-write privilege if a Service-Type value of 6 is transmitted as part of the Access-Accept message from the RADIUS server. Other Service- Type values or no value, result in the switch granting read-only access to the user. Different implementations of RADIUS handle attribute transmission differently. You should consult the documentation for your specific implementation of RADIUS when you configure users for read-write access.
Userlevel 2
here's an example for Freeradius, in the users file:

###### Freeradius CLI Authorization Example ######
admin Cleartext-Password := “admin”
Service-Type = Administrative-User,
Extreme-CLI-Authorization = Enabled

test Cleartext-Password := “test”
Service-Type = 0,
Extreme-CLI-Authorization = Enabled

user admin has read-write privilege, user test has read-only.