cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up SNMPv3

Setting up SNMPv3

Kevin_Nance
New Contributor

I have been trying to setup SNMPv3 on a test switch  using the documentation here:

https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000083334&_ga=2.267232329.654069711.1619539292-...

The initial configure command  errors out after the authentication password and appears to now need to be broken out in two commands, one fo the authentication password and the other for the privacy password.  

The first works - configure snmpv3 add user v3admin authentication md5 xxxxxxxxx

The second part I can’t figure out the command to set the privacy password and security.  Anyone have updated documentation?

I tried using the snmpassist python script but it errors out after the setting the encryption type setting with:

Please enter your encryption type (3DES, AES, DES, HEX): aes

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/cfg/snmpassist.py", line 204, in <module>
    main()
  File "/usr/local/cfg/snmpassist.py", line 119, in main
    (snmpuser, authtype, authpw, privpw, privtype))

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Kevin_Nance
New Contributor

OK issue solved by GTAC - Switch had enhanced security mode enabled so I had to turn off cli password prompting to enable the snmpv3 and then turn it back on again once completed.   

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Kevin_Nance
New Contributor

OK issue solved by GTAC - Switch had enhanced security mode enabled so I had to turn off cli password prompting to enable the snmpv3 and then turn it back on again once completed.   

GTM-P2G8KFN