Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterasys B5G124-48P2

Enterasys B5G124-48P2

ChristopheL
New Contributor
Hi,
I search the last firmware for an Enterasys B5G124-48P2.
I don't understand why we can't access to this firmware.
someone can explain to me ?
Thanks 😉
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

e_steuber
New Contributor II
Hi,
the Firmware is available in the Support Portal under:
https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrProductDetail?id=01t80000001X8gtAAC

Login to the Support Portal, goto "Switching" not "Downloads", under "Stackable" you will find B5-Series.
The B5 went end of live 2017 but will reach end of support 5 years after that (Summer 2022). In doubt open a case with GTAC.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

PeterK
Contributor II
thats wrong.

The B5 has limited lifetime warranty.

limited means - only for the first owner. As he has refurbished devices, he is not allowed to download firmware.

Creating a support portal account would not solve his problem. The only way would be a advanced ew, pw or pwp contract.

e_steuber
New Contributor II
You don't have to open a case, it is just one more option to get the firmware.
To download the firmware you have to create a support portal account.

ChristopheL1
New Contributor
Hi,
Thanks for your response.
I can't download this firmware. I don't understand why i need to open a case. I have a refurbished switch and i can't download the firmware from the site. The switch is working fine and it's not because this is the end of the support that i'm going to buy another. I'm not agree with the planned obsolescence. So for resume i have no choice, i can't download the latest firmware for this switch ?

e_steuber
New Contributor II
Hi,
the Firmware is available in the Support Portal under:
https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrProductDetail?id=01t80000001X8gtAAC

Login to the Support Portal, goto "Switching" not "Downloads", under "Stackable" you will find B5-Series.
The B5 went end of live 2017 but will reach end of support 5 years after that (Summer 2022). In doubt open a case with GTAC.

GTM-P2G8KFN