Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZTP+ with a custom configuration script

ZTP+ with a custom configuration script

RobertD1
Contributor

Hello,

Tried assigning a TCL script to add a couple of VLANs to an EXOS switch during ZTP+ discovery. It does not get used. 

The script is valid as I know I can run it and select a discovered switch to update which works.

I know ZTP+ does not support Load Configuration templates but thought this could be an alternative to send config  during discovery? 

Any thoughts appreciated.

Rob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Make sure the devices are checking out a license from XIQ, otherwise those Site actions will not happen.

Under Devices, you need to see them getting a tick for XIQ Onboarded, and at least a Pilot license.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Ludovico_Steven
Extreme Employee

If I recall correctly, you cannot assign a CLI script under Actions Custom Configuration. TCL should work though I think.

Python does work; maybe you might find this workflow useful:

https://github.com/extremenetworks/ExtremeScripting/tree/master/XMC_XIQ-SE/oneview_workflows

"Apply Config Template"

Thanks Ludovico, I'll try the workflow. My TCL script did not work which was to add VLANs to the EXOS config but as Ryan pointed out it is possible to do this by adding the VLANs to the Site. I could also assign VLANs using Port Templates by device and port.

For some reason ZTP+ discovery did not add the new device to Control or Default Policy Domain which I expected it to as the checkboxes are ticked to do that. Even when I manually Add the device and choose Run Site's Add Actions it doesn't add to Access Control>Switches and the Policy Domain.

Rob

Make sure the devices are checking out a license from XIQ, otherwise those Site actions will not happen.

Under Devices, you need to see them getting a tick for XIQ Onboarded, and at least a Pilot license.

After I reconnected my XIQ-SE to Cloud IQ the Site Actions started working. 

GTM-P2G8KFN