Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOSS - Clear interface / port configuration

VOSS - Clear interface / port configuration

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Just wondering if there is an easy way in VOSS to clear all the configuration associated to a port and interface.

A scenario is that a previous port was configured as standard MLT for an uplink port, using LACP, has 30+ VLANs configured, plus various other smaller associated commands that need clearing as the port is to be re-utilised as an NNI port.

Many thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

StephanH
Valued Contributor III

Hello,

as far as I now thats not possible. But maybe that helps:

default command operator

You can reset the modified configuration of a command to the default configuration by using the default operator. For more information about the default value for each command, see CLI Commands Reference. Use the ? command completion along with the default keyword in each configuration mode, to view the list of commands that support the default operator

Copied form: 

Regards Stephan

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

mbo
New Contributor II

Hi all, 

I know this post is quite old, but I was just yesterday told a neat way to put a port in its default state: the auto-sense feature 🙂

for example on to interfaces that were tagged with vlans and members of an mlt:
> int gig 1/14-1/15
> auto-sense enable
Warning: Enabling Auto-Sense will default port configurations.
> no auto-sense enable

That's all, at least in current VOSS versions. And I know, it's a workaround and it has it's limits, but for the above mentioned request it does exactly what is asked for: it resets all configuration back to the default values.

For what I have seen, it does do the work for the port configurations (VLANs, MLT, LACP, ...), but it will of course not clear the switch of the MLT etc. completely. So there will be residue in the config from prior more global configurations you'll have to delete manually.

Feel free to correct me and add your experiences! I just thought this to be really helpful and couldn't find anything else online for this topic. Thanks to my colleague for this tip!

regards, mbo

StephanH
Valued Contributor III

Hello,

as far as I now thats not possible. But maybe that helps:

default command operator

You can reset the modified configuration of a command to the default configuration by using the default operator. For more information about the default value for each command, see CLI Commands Reference. Use the ? command completion along with the default keyword in each configuration mode, to view the list of commands that support the default operator

Copied form: 

Regards Stephan
GTM-P2G8KFN