Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connectivity Issues between Gaming Laptop and SecureStack PoE Switch

Connectivity Issues between Gaming Laptop and SecureStack PoE Switch

judywatson
New Contributor

Dear Community Members,

I am currently facing connectivity issues with my gaming laptop [https://www.lenovo.com/ca/en/d/gaming-laptops], which connects to a SecureStack PoE switch. The laptop is unable to establish a stable and consistent connection with the switch, causing frequent disruptions in my gaming sessions.

I have already tried various troubleshooting steps, including resetting the switch, updating the laptop's network drivers, and changing the Ethernet cable. However, the problem persists, and I am not able to identify the root cause of the issue.

I suspect that the problem could be related to the switch's configuration, as I have observed that the connection drops occur more frequently when multiple devices are connected to the switch simultaneously. Therefore, I would like to request the community's assistance in identifying any possible configuration issues that may be causing the connectivity problems.

Additionally, I would appreciate any suggestions on how to diagnose the issue further and any possible solutions to resolve the problem. I have attached the laptop's system information and switch configuration details for reference.

Thank you in advance for your support and expertise in this matter.

Best regards,

Judy

1 REPLY 1

AdrianO
Contributor

Seeing that the more devices connected to the switch the worse the issues, the first thing I´d check if that the upstream trunk isn't getting congested and drops packets. 

GTM-P2G8KFN