After connecting to Aruba AP, if you use BT headset to open BT sco,
ping requst time out. (100% reproduced)
1. Add ssid in Aruba ap. (2.4G only)
2. Connect with the ssid added through the Android device.
3. Connect the bluetooth headset on the android device.
4. Open BT SCO. (For example, make a call by opening a voice channel with BT for wifi call)
5. The network is unresponsive. (ping keeps returning requset time out)
Please check video
Customers hope to solve this problem in the 2.4g band.
I need help
Best answer by Tomasz
What is the current wlan config and radio interface config for the AP?
Are there any WLAN client devices that don’t support 5 GHz?
What 2.4 GHz channel is used by the AP right now? Please note that lots of BT or strong BT signal can disrupt WLAN communication sometimes in general. I had a customer who had significant performance drop when he was using 2.4 GHz and a cordless mouse that was constantly jumping between frequencies. https://www.metageek.com/training/resources/wifi-and-non-wifi-interference
Hope that helps,