cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aerohive AP550 Separate networks

Aerohive AP550 Separate networks

awegmann
New Contributor

Does anyone know if the AP550's can separate 2.4ghz from 5ghz with different ssid's? I'm looking through the cloud IQ connect options and I don't see it. Maybe I'm missing something?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

willd
New Contributor II

This can be accomplished at the SSID and policy level. Whenever creating a SSID you can specify which radios to broadcast. Multiple policies can be created with their own various SSIDs and then can be assigned to APs accordingly. 
The other option, if you just want to guarantee only certain APs broadcast only 2.4GHz or 5GHz is to disable one or the other at the AP config level. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

awegmann
New Contributor

Thank you for all the responses. This makes sense. I'm fairly new to the extreme networks/ aerohive universe so still learning where everything is. 

mwilliams2
New Contributor II

You can certainly just broadcast an SSID to 5ghz (or 6ghz)  but for 2.4Ghz it will allow 5Ghz also.  This is done with the checkbox on the network policy wireless networks page. as shown below.

mwilliams2_0-1673616138283.png

willd
New Contributor II

This can be accomplished at the SSID and policy level. Whenever creating a SSID you can specify which radios to broadcast. Multiple policies can be created with their own various SSIDs and then can be assigned to APs accordingly. 
The other option, if you just want to guarantee only certain APs broadcast only 2.4GHz or 5GHz is to disable one or the other at the AP config level. 

GTM-P2G8KFN