cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone seen read only Cloud Config Groups?

Anyone seen read only Cloud Config Groups?

MalcolmS
New Contributor
Hi,
Our customer brought some Aerohive APs second hand and we have them up and running. However even after a hard reset, they have the model name as a Cloud Config Group in the devices list. Looking at Common Objects-Cloud Config Groups it appears they are in a Read Only group with the same name as the model.
4cacc1d856c14267b0fe5617c94a6f99.png
I can't remove the APs from the group or delete the group, the options are grayed out.

Anyone seen this before and can I remove these Read Only Cloud Config Groups?

Regards,
Malcolm
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AreckD
Extreme Employee

Hello,

The CCGs that are the model name of the devices that is created when adding devices to your inventory is by design and they cannot be deleted.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AreckD
Extreme Employee

Correct,

Just because a device has a cloud config group doesn't mean that it is automatically in use by anything either, just that it is available as an option for grouping.

MalcolmS
New Contributor
Thanks, good to know. I see you now that you can have multiple CloudConfig groups per AP, so having a read only group set up based on the model number makes more sense. In the device list it even lists them all of the CloudConfig groups per AP.

AreckD
Extreme Employee

Hello,

The CCGs that are the model name of the devices that is created when adding devices to your inventory is by design and they cannot be deleted.

GTM-P2G8KFN