cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP CLI - Command to "expand"/auto-size a property (instead of having the three dots)

AP CLI - Command to "expand"/auto-size a property (instead of having the three dots)

fstorer
New Contributor

Sorry to bother again, I was wondering if there is a command in HiveOS which can "expand" the three dots at the end of a line. When I run "show interface", the last column (SSID) shows a lot of truncated names (like "BSB_STU...", "BSB_PRI...", etc.). Is there a way to "auto-size" the results and see the full name of those SSIDs?

Thank you in advance for your help!

2 REPLIES 2

fstorer
New Contributor

Actually, it's more than 7 characters, the maximum allowed for those columns (Chan, Radio, Hive, SSID) is 10. And yes, it's unfortunate that they are cut off - I needed only 2 more characters for our SSIDs! 😞

I don't think the pipe option can be of any help... However, you're right, "show SSID" shows the full name. Thank you for your help!

bpowers
Contributor

I'm not aware of one. You can use the pipe option (|) and do something fancy. Or just a show ssid to see their full name.

From the looks of it, you only get 7 characters on the Radio, Hive and SSID columns in that output (show int). With all of those objects being able to ~32 characters in length, it is unfortunate that they are cut off.

GTM-P2G8KFN