cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP is connected to HiveManager, but no clients will connect to it.

AP is connected to HiveManager, but no clients will connect to it.

jsettlemoir
New Contributor

We have an AP that shows up in HiveManager, I can ping it and even send it updates, but no clients are authenticating with it. On the Heat Map, it's the only AP in that building with no RSSI levels. There are plenty of devices in that room that are trying to connect; we've had complaints of connection issues because the other nearby APs are having to pick up the slack.

4 REPLIES 4

jsettlemoir
New Contributor

The SSIDs shouldn't be set up that way, and nothing came up when I ran the VLAN probe.

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

Great. So they're working and broadcasting. Do the SSIDs go to specific VLANs? If so, do you know if those VLANs exist on the ethernet port this AP is plugged into?

The VLAN probe within the HM GUI might help determine this.

jsettlemoir
New Contributor

It looks like they're all up; I attached a screenshot if I'm reading it wrong. 86ce5a82e2b14d50b59c50c5b5d110b0_0690c000007rWdcAAE.png

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

Joshua,

Do you know if the AP is broadcasting SSIDs? You can check the box for the AP, go to Utilities and look for Interface. This will show you all of the wifi0/1 (sub)interfaces for the radios. The 4th column will show you a U/D for up/down. The last column will most likely be truncated, but should show part of the actual SSIDs (if any). Do you see any of this? There's a chance the radios are disabled or possibly even faulty and simply not working (although I believe you'd get an error updating the AP if this was the case).

GTM-P2G8KFN