Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP122 high CPU usage when streaming.

AP122 high CPU usage when streaming.

sergi_dupe
New Contributor III

Hi,

I have an AP122.

When I stream a 4kUHD movie (Plex server detects that the movie is encoded at 139Mbps) to my TV (the TV is connected at 5GHz band and 1% rx CRC rate according to tech log), the movie has to buffer all the time. Diggin deeper in the issue, it turns out that the AP122 CPU is about 98% when streaming that movie.

This is the log message: 2019-11-19 20:24:36 warn  ah_top: CPU rate overload.

The process that uses the 98% of CPU resources is :

3 root      RW [ksoftirqd/0]

My question is: is AP122 capable of dealing with that with a proper configuration (this is, reduce the ksoftirqd/0 demands) ? or I have reached a hardware limitation ?

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Sorry for the long wait here, thank you for checking in. Would you be able to get tech data from the AP taken when you're streaming and having issues? Also, could you let me know the MAC address of the device you're using when you pull the tech data? If you'd like to send that to me directly, my email is communityhelp@aerohive.com.

sergi_dupe
New Contributor III

Any news on that?

Thanks!

sergi_dupe
New Contributor III

There was about 5 to 7 users but not active ones (not streaming nor web-browsing), so yes, that was the only significant traffic.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Is this the only traffic on the AP at the time? If not, approximately how many other users are on the AP at the same time, and do you know if they are also trying to stream?

GTM-P2G8KFN