cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP130 stops working after more than a few clients connect. Is this a configuration issue?

AP130 stops working after more than a few clients connect. Is this a configuration issue?

cfarlie
New Contributor
7 REPLIES 7

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

Tim,

Are your clients connecting to the 2.4 GHz radio because thats all they support? The show station command within that log file shows most of your devices there. Several of the devices are also connecting at a pretty weak RSSI (-75 dBm or worse). The show int wifi0 command shows channel utilization rather high as well. But this can because it's actually being used. But it could also be impacted by the neighbor AP on channel 3 that is visible from the show acsp neighbor command. The 2.4 GHz radio has a high% of retries and CRC errors too:

1321919 rx Retries

18% rx retry rate

33769472 rx CRC errors

69% rx CRC rate

As well as lots of channel switches for the short ~<3 days of uptime - 6681 channel switches

The 5 GHz channel has very low utilization. I'd try to connect to the RCSAEROHIVE-5G SSID with some of the devices to see if things change.

cfarlie
New Contributor

here is the log.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Are you using HiveManager Connect? This is the free version of HiveManager and does not include some features such as the Tools tab. If this is the case, our only option is to follow the guide for getting tech data via CLI. If you are using HiveManager Select, please send me a picture of what you are seeing to communityhelp@aerohive.com and I'll see if we need to open a case for this issue.

cfarlie
New Contributor

When I click on “tools” nothing happens. IT redraws the screen but I do not get any new menus and “Utilities” is nowhere to be found.

GTM-P2G8KFN