cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP250 Radios Down, CAPWAP drops, sluggish SSH until config reset..

AP250 Radios Down, CAPWAP drops, sluggish SSH until config reset..

gsiemens
New Contributor
One of my AP250's has dropped off the CAPWAP a few times in the past and takes longer to come up than other AP's but otherwise I assumed it was working. Every time I updated the config in the past it seemed to act weird compared to the others.

The radios are now down on the unit and I can't push any new config to it. I SSH'd in which took about a half hour just to type a few commands in. The SSH would constantly time out and input could take up to 5 minutes to appear. I noticed capwap reported HTTP instead of UDP which was weird. I ran lldp show neighbor which reported nothing at all. Shouldn't this report back from the switch?

I did a reset config and upon reboot, I could SSH in at full speed. I applied my capwap / hivemanager info, and capwap connected with UDP HiveManager automatically started pushing config and then right back to the same onresponsive unit with no radio signal. I have tried 8.2.6 as well as the latest firmware both of which have this problem. The radios are no longer operational. 

I noticed the CPU is pinned at 70% and all of the other AP250's are at 13 or so.

Should I be trying to do a manual firmware reload with a console cable or is this thing dead?
1 REPLY 1

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
The manual firmware reload couldn't hurt, and since the AP was working well before the update started I'd hesitate to say that AP is dead. We might also be able to get some insight if we could get CAPWAP debugs. Those will give us more detailed logs on the AP connection process and the update process. The process for enabling CAPWAP debugs is as follows:

1. Considering how long it took to run commands on the AP after it had a configuration, I'd recommend resetting the AP so you can run the CLI commands in the next step quickly. 
2. Enable CAPWAP debugs following the steps in this guide. 
3. Push a complete configuration update out to the AP
4. Wait for the update to complete or fail, either way will work for our test
5. Pull tech data from the AP and send that tech data to community@extremenetworks.com for review. 

Please let me know if you have any questions or if I can clarify anything.
GTM-P2G8KFN