Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Captive Portal Called Station Id parameter

Captive Portal Called Station Id parameter

cristiano_sarme
New Contributor

Hello,

We have a external captive portal solution and we are using the NAS-ID parameter to identify the hotspot configuration in our platform.

We want to user the Called-Station-Id parameter but, for that, our users must register it in our platform. Is there any place in the Aerohive Dashboard or in the hardware labels where our customers could get the value of this parameter so they could register it in our platform.

Thanks!

Best regards,

Cristiano

6 REPLIES 6

cristiano_sarme
New Contributor

Thanks @Sam Pirok​ , we solved our issue by another way.

Best regards,

Cristiano

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for your patience while I looked in to this for you. Unfortunately we don't have a way to display the Called-Station-ID in the Dashboard. We can configure to work with this value for Radius authentication, but we won't be able to automatically display or pull the value.

cristiano_sarme
New Contributor

Hello, @Sam Pirok​ ,

The "customers" i'm talking about are not the internet users, but the network owners.

What i want to know is if is it possible to get the value of Called-Station-Id in the Aerohive Dashboard or directly in the AP because we need this value during configuration in our captive portal platform. I know that the value is not the same of the AP mac address.

Is there also some possibility of setting the captive portal parameters in the Aerohive Manager Dashboard? Actually, Aerohive don't give us the AP's MAC address in the captive portal redirect URL, but it would be very helpful for us.

Thanks!

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Yes, sorry, that is a User Policy Acceptance captive web portal page, where they would typically accept terms of use for your network. In general it displays a text field so you could add your parameter there for them to see before they try to authenticate.

GTM-P2G8KFN