Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure DHCP server.

Configure DHCP server.

jmacapugas
New Contributor

Hello,

We have HiveManager, we would like to configure a new SSID that is on a different subnet, and we also like the AP to manage the DHCP for this new SSID, this new SSID. This new SSID will need internet access.

Is this possible?, if yes, please provide link for documentation on how to configure a new SSID with DHCP enabled.

4 REPLIES 4

jmacapugas
New Contributor

​Thanks for the link.

Since my VLAN will be a different subnet than the production network, do you know if I can use the production gateway ?

Production Network = 192.168.10.0/24

VLAN 11 Network = 192.168.11.0/24 - Will use the Production gateway. Right now the software is not letting me input the Production Network gateway, since it is not the same subnet as the VLAN 11.

bruce_stahlin
Contributor III
I misspoke, here is a link with instructions...
https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/DHCP-Server-on-an-Aerohive-AP?language=en_US

Jonas3
New Contributor III

Would be great if Aerohive add these feature. Almost every vendor has the posibility of a dhcp server.

bruce_stahlin
Contributor III

Well, sort of. What you will need to do is:

1. Configure a new VLAN, if you're current LAN equipment (switches) will support it.
  2. Assign the new subnet on you router (or Layer three switch) and associate it with the new VLAN
  3. DHCP: you have two options; A) Configure DHCP relay on the new subnet to point to your existing DHCP server, or  create a new DHCP server on the new subnet. The APs, to my knowledge will not operate as DHCP servers.
  4. Create the new SSID and assign the new VLAN

Depending on the authentication method of your current SSID, you could even assign clients to the two VLANs using classification rules, thus saving valuable air space.

If you'd like to offer more info of your current infrastructure, we may be able to help with more specifics.

GTM-P2G8KFN