Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect AP to actual DHCP server

Connect AP to actual DHCP server

it34
New Contributor

Good morning everyone,

Currently I have 4 of these AP130 but for some reason when a device connect to them, an IP address does not get assigned.

Our net config:

VLAN5 for data

VLAN10 VoIP - this is where the AP is connected since we only have one PoE switch at the moment

What am trying to accomplish is to have the AP connected in VLAN10 needs to talk to DHCP server found in VLAN5.

CLI commands are welcome

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

Yes...leave the APs ethernet ports as uplink port types, but do not forget to configure the switches ports as trunk ports!!

You can broadcast another SSID with a User Profile that defines another VLAN or you can use the same SSID and have multiple User Profiles with different VLAN be authenticated from the same SSID as long as all users connecting can use the same authentication type ie 802.1X, Private PreShared Key, or Preshared Key.

17f5cc8d179c47bbbc7eaab91ac5e757_0690c000009RefwAAC.png

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

it34
New Contributor

Thank you so much Keith. I was able to get these AP's going.

Really appreciate your assistance.

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

Yes...leave the APs ethernet ports as uplink port types, but do not forget to configure the switches ports as trunk ports!!

You can broadcast another SSID with a User Profile that defines another VLAN or you can use the same SSID and have multiple User Profiles with different VLAN be authenticated from the same SSID as long as all users connecting can use the same authentication type ie 802.1X, Private PreShared Key, or Preshared Key.

17f5cc8d179c47bbbc7eaab91ac5e757_0690c000009RefwAAC.png

it34
New Contributor

OK. So "Port Type" I can change it back to Upload type? Then I can associate another VLAN using another SSID profile?

Apologies for my many questions

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

The APs default ethernet port settings as backhaul are fine. You need to configure your switch with trunk ports for any ports that have an Aerohive AP connected to it. The APs will tag traffic by default based on Use Profile assignments

GTM-P2G8KFN