Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Devie update failed on multiple AP250

Devie update failed on multiple AP250

ESSJohanCh
New Contributor

Hi.

We have a on-premis Hivemanager running version 12.8.3, and Iäm having issues updating the configurations on multiple access points. All of the are AP250 and they are running version 8.2r5.

When I try and do a update, the progress bar stops at around 16% and the switches over to “Device update failes”. When I look in the alarm log it say “Could not upload configuration”.

I can access the access point with both ping and SSH. I have restarted the access points and tried resetting it to factory default. Allways with the same result.

What should I check next?

Best regards,
Johan Christensson

4 REPLIES 4

ESSJohanCh
New Contributor

Hi Sam.

I just e-mailed the techfile.

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Could you send the tech data to me at community@extremenetworks.com, and let me know the approximate time that you replicated the error so I can check the correct logs in the tech data?

ESSJohanCh
New Contributor

Hi and thanks for the reply.

So I have extracted the tech log from the access point. There is no obvious error messages or so. What would be the next step here?

Best regards,
Johan Christensson

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Johan, thanks for the detailed description of the issue and what you’ve tried so far. For the next step, I’d recommend enablinb CAPWAP debugs, replicating the issue, then pulling tech data to review those logs to see if we can find the issue. If you’d like to send the logs to me at community@extremenetworks.com, I’d be happy to take a look. Or you can open a support case with those logs to have a technician review them with you. To collect these logs:

1. SSH in to the AP
  2. Enable CAPWAP debugs (this guide reviews how: https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?n=000046614&q=capwap%20debug)
  3. Replicate the issue and wait for the update to fail completely
  4. Pull tech data from the AP you just tried to update (this guide reviews 3 methods for getting tech data: https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?n=000049350&q=tech%20data)

Again, if you want to send that tech data file over to me for review, I’d be happy to take a look for you. 

GTM-P2G8KFN