cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable UNII-3 Channels Causing Config Update Failures

Disable UNII-3 Channels Causing Config Update Failures

blw
New Contributor

I have switched the Disable UNII-3 Channels option on in a radio profile as some of my clients do not support these channels. This causes delta config updates to fail for older devices (AP121 and AP330) with the error message "The CLI 'interface wifi1 radio channel exclude 149' execute failed, cause by: Unknown error".

Manually running the CLI via SSH produces the following output : "Channel (149) is not in the available channel list.". The delta updates work fine on the newer models (AP130, AP230, AP250 etc).

The failing APs are on HiveOS 6.5r12 build-221611 (The latest available). Other HiveManager NG users have also seen the same behavior.

I was going to use the feedback option but it has been removed 

Thanks in advance for any assistance

2 REPLIES 2

blw
New Contributor

Hi Ashley, thanks for getting back to me. I imagine this solution would work but would not be ideal. Do you know if Aerohive is planning to fix this at some time?

ashley_finch
Contributor III

Hello,

I believe the issue is that these channels are not available on that version of firmware hence it's unable to apply the command to the AP. As a workaround it may be best to clone the 5GHz radio profiles - one with and one without that option.

GTM-P2G8KFN