cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone has issues with Firmware 10.0R7A where Clients randomly drop off?

Has anyone has issues with Firmware 10.0R7A where Clients randomly drop off?

WifiCraig
New Contributor

Had a couple of Customers who have had this issue and rolling back fixes the issue. Has anyone else expereince this?

6 REPLIES 6

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Could you tell me what the failure message was? If you click on the Device Update Failed message you should see details of the failure? Also, could you confirm that the following ports are allowing outbound traffic on your network?

UDP12222

TCP 443

TCP 22

phadley
New Contributor II

That's exactly what I did on one AP and the update failed.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

We do have longer than usual hold times but the Aerohive support number should still be good. This guide reviews how to update firmware in the HiveManager, you'll just want to update to a specific version and choose the version you'd like to roll back to: https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/How-To-Update-Firmware-in-HiveManager

phadley
New Contributor II

You're not alone in this. We've been experiencing the same issues for months, where randomly a good connection for 3 weeks suddenly drops and can't connect for a few minutes. I don't remember this being a problem in the past and it's quite frustrating. No matter what configuration changes we make it still happens. I also can't ever make a dent in the constant "interference" alerts no matter what power/channel settings are made. How do you roll back to a previous OS? I tried this and it failed. I tried to call the support number but it does not go anywhere, and Extreme didn't have Aerohive support set up yet. Not set up yet....wow!

GTM-P2G8KFN