Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with AP1130 alignment and mesh link

Help with AP1130 alignment and mesh link

fstorer
New Contributor

Hello everyone! 

We have installed two Aerohive AP1130 to create a wireless link between our school and another building. These two APs are connected via coax cables to the AH-ACC-1130-ANT-18 outdoor directional antennas.

The link seems to work fine, because in the other building I am able to ssh the switch connected to the AP and to ping the Default Gateway. Also, I got good results with the download/upload speeds and no drops with an extended ping.

However, I can’t see any amber/white light on the left panel of the AP1130, which is weird.

I would like to check if the alignment is fully optimised at the highest level of throughput or if it needs some correction. I tried to enable the buzzer from the CLI using the command:

exec antenna-alignment interface wifi1 peer xxxx:xxxx:xxxx beep adaptive

but I got this message from the CLI:

Warning: mesh link is not established!
No. Req_seq  Tx_pwr ACK_RSSI RSP_seq RSP_tx_pwr RSP_RSSI Req_RSSI BRSSI
11     0        0    N/A      N/A      N/A       N/A      N/A      0

0--------10--------20--------30--------40--------50--------60--------70--------80

Am I doing something wrong? Which MAC address should I put just after the “peer”? Is there a way to check directly from the CLI if the alignment is fully optimised?

Again, the weird thing is that the link seems to work fine.

How can I troubleshoot this? I didn’t find many information on the site, and sometimes I am not sure which commands to use in the CLI or which parameters to check.

Thank you in advance for your help!

1 REPLY 1

w1f1n00b
Contributor II

I was having the same issue.

solved it by running “sh int” command and using the mac of the bssid that is showing as connected to the hive. In my case it was wifi1.1

GTM-P2G8KFN