cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, we have over 20 APs of AP250 and since some weeks issues with Android Devices. They get a valid IP from DHCP but the Smartphone OS (Android 8/9) is telling us, that we maybe don´t have internet connection. IoS is working correctly. Need help!

Hi, we have over 20 APs of AP250 and since some weeks issues with Android Devices. They get a valid IP from DHCP but the Smartphone OS (Android 8/9) is telling us, that we maybe don´t have internet connection. IoS is working correctly. Need help!

juergen_dannewi
New Contributor III
9 REPLIES 9

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

You could run a packet capture and then filter for the android clients MAC address, to see what traffic the android is sending out.

juergen_dannewi
New Contributor III

Hi,

I only want to update this topic:

• we have changed the DHCP settings from an external to an internal DNS server in the same VLAN.
  • The devices always get an correct DHCP lease with the correct settings
  • The Android device will change his connection state, when you start a ping-command to its IP. The first 2 packages fails and than it´s reachable. the connection state is changing to "connected". Device routing problem?
  • If you disable "mobile data" on the device Wifi is also mostly working (Bad experience with OnePlus 6 -> ping workaround works for 1 day)

I used a 3rd Party app (Net Analyzer) to check the DNS. If the "internet mayb not connected"-state is active, Mobile data DNS route is used.

After ping workaround the DNS server is changing to the Wifi DNS.

I don´t know how android is checking if internet is available (e.g. ping to a website, dns request, etc.).

I´ve no experience and solution how to capture the traffic actually on android. Any instructions?

Thanks for any help!

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

A remote sniffer packet capture should be fine for what we're looking for.

juergen_dannewi
New Contributor III

VLAN 23 is correct and the device get a valid IP from the VLAN/DHCP.

The strange thing is that the device switches to Status "connected", when you ping the device.

The first 2-3 packages will getting lost, but after that it´s reachable.

If you mean with "constant" daily, yes. But if the device is in connected state, it stays in connected state a long period of time.

Which kind of package capture do you need?

GTM-P2G8KFN